Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's face reality, Pacquiao right now would dominate Marquez.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's face reality, Pacquiao right now would dominate Marquez.

Fact. The current Pacquiao would dominate Marquez now and even back then. Huge, huge improvement from then (1st and 2nd Marquez fights) to now. Period.

Originally posted by 'Sugar' Freddi View Post
    Fact. The current Pacquiao, would dominate Marquez now and even back then. Huge, huge improvement from then (1st and 2nd Marquez fights) to now. Period.
    Well any WW should dominate a 135 Pounder.

How do we know if Pac improved if he hasnt fought a guy like JMM since the last time he was actually in the ring with JMM?

Comment

Based on what; The fact that he's avoided any fighter with any resemblance to a counter punching style? Fact is, you don't know, because he's avoided JMM-esque fighters since their fight in 08.

Comment

Yeah, it is the truth. Pacquiao-Marquez III would have been awesome at 135.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
          Well any WW should dominate a 135 Pounder.

How do we know if Pac improved if he hasnt fought a guy like JMM since the last time he was actually in the ring with JMM?
          No no, I should've made it clear that I'm talking about his skills alone, not the weight. If Pacquiao was still fighting at the same weight division.

Oh, and your first statement means that Mayweather just dominated a 135 pounder. Finally a Mayweather fan admits it.

Comment

Pacs fan base fantasizing again. The fact is he fought the man twice & barely won once. He had a chance to make a 3rd fight & fought David Diaz instead.

Comment

Of course. Even without the improvements Pac made, Marquez is too small at 147, and even at 140 despite what Freddie Roach says. He's also going to be 37 in a few months.

What bugs me is that if Pacquiao had stayed at 135 for ONE MORE FIGHT, they could have unified at the beginning of 2009.

Comment

yes he would.........

Comment

Originally posted by 'Sugar' Freddi View Post
                  No no, I should've made it clear that I'm talking about his skills alone, not the weight. If Pacquiao was still fighting at the same weight division.

Oh, and your first statement means that Mayweather just dominated a 135 pounder.
                  Correct JMM vs. Floyd was a tune up. Who cares about that fight.

JMM vs. Pac right now at 135. I pick JMM.

Comment

Huge improvement no doubt, and if they fought again I believe he would dominate him, but I wouldn't get that twisted. The answer isn't purely black or white because he hasn't fought a guy like that since 08

Comment

Working...
                    X