Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin-Jacobs A Realistic Possibility For December 10 On HBO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
    Outstanding news! I hope we get this fight in December! We still don't know who Saunders is fighting, but I would love to see Saunders (WBO MW CHAMP) vs. Khurtsidze (a.k.a White Tyson)! Khurtsidze is ranked #1 MW contender by WBO. Make it happen!
    That midget Kurtsidze lost to N Dam, a man Lemieux looked like RayRobinson against.

Saunders vs Lemieux is still a better fight IMO, or Heiland.

Comment

Originally posted by steeve steel View Post
      As if GGG would boxe Jacobs the same way he boxed Brook... People sometimes!
      If Golovkin tries to straight-up box with Daniel Jacobs, he gets smoked; people always try and point to the Pirog fight, but Pirog was a relatively slick, two-handed battler just like Jacobs was.

Golovkin not moving his head on any consistent basis seems like a fatal flaw to me

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
        If Golovkin tries to straight-up box with Daniel Jacobs, he gets smoked; people always try and point to the Pirog fight, but Pirog was a relatively slick, two-handed battler just like Jacobs was.

Golovkin not moving his head on any consistent basis seems like a fatal flaw to me
        I agree...Yes Pirog was slick...but didn't have GGG power! When there is real danger, GGG is another animal; againts Jacobs, it will be a methodic breakdown... Let's not forget he was dropped by Mora, the latin lover!

Comment

Lets make it happen!

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
            That midget Kurtsidze lost to N Dam, a man Lemieux looked like RayRobinson against.

Saunders vs Lemieux is still a better fight IMO, or Heiland.
            Quillin whipped N'Dan before Lemieux did.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
              Quillin whipped N'Dan before Lemieux did.
              And????

Does that make Kurthidze a more worthy opponent to Saunders mister relevant?

Comment

Hopefully this happens, one of the best fights to be made in boxing at the moment. Would be an enormous event in NYC, fingers crossed.

Comment

Originally posted by kej718 View Post
                  Great fight if it happens. Glad to see both sides are at least willing to do in NY (surprising with the increase of the insurance premiums.)

The only other big fights on schedule are:
                  Jermall Charlo - Julian Williams
                  Tyson Fury* - Wladimir Klitschko
                  Andre Ward - Sergey Kovalev

Still waiting to see who these guys are facing next:
                  Terence Crawford
                  Anthony Joshua
                  Miguel Cotto*
                  Mikey Garcia
                  Danny Garcia
                  Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.

Lots of guys still on the shelf
                  It will be interesting to see how the end of the year turns out. A lot of people are predicting that we'll have a lot of them sit out until next year which I really hope is not the case. I want Cotto to do whatever he has to do to get Trout or Kirkland in there for his comeback fight. Hopefully if they do make Garcia-Molina I really hope Spence-Berto is the co-feature or even the main event if they get the IBF title on the line depending if Brook drops it.

I just want to see Crawford and Garcia fight at this point. Against whoever. We know it'll be hard to get somebody with a name to go against them.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                    it has nothing to do with pbc.. GG fans kept saying lara isnt allowed on hbo, well there goes that myth
                    Lara ISNT allowed on HBO. But that has nothing to do with Haymon, it has to do with the fact that everytime HBO put Lara on their air, he stunk out the joint......

Comment

Good fight make it happen

Comment

Working...
                      X