Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

People may blame Roach for Khan's flaws, but he actually made him better.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People may blame Roach for Khan's flaws, but he actually made him better.

Let's not forget, Khan was advised by him to move up because he was too big for 135.

At 135 he got truly KTFO and also got dropped by a guy with 5 KO's... and another dude who was a bum on the world stage.

Khan had far more flaws before Roach and actually became a World Titlist... while also beating some good fighters and competing with others.

Khan was a beast under freddi. He looks suspect now with hunter leading the way.

Comment

I agree khan had a bit of success with freddie but in the end its all khans fault he will pull a cotto and change trainer everytime he loses

Comment

Correction: Being around Manny made Khan a better fighter, moreso than being with Roach. I'm not discounting what Roach accomplished with Khan from a technical view-point, but Pacman had a greater impact. Khan got to see and witness first-hand how to fight when you have speed on your side.

Comment

Roach did the best he could with Khan, I don't think he really made him any better although in some ways he got him to fight more to some of his strengths which helped him be more effective for a while but the flaws never changed and were costly in the end.

It really comes down to Khan not Roach though.

Comment

Originally posted by arraamis View Post
            Correction: Being around Manny made Khan a better fighter, moreso than being with Roach. I'm not discounting what Roach accomplished with Khan from a technical view-point, but Pacman had a greater impact. Khan got to see and witness first-hand how to fight when you have speed on your side.
            Being around Pacquiao was actually detrimental to Khan because he started to try to fight too much like him when he doesn't have the same attributes.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
              Khan was a beast under freddi. He looks suspect now with hunter leading the way.
              Khan was never a beast in his career, not ever.

Comment

I suppose the beatings he took under Freddie Roach, regardless of whether he won or lost, has nothing to do with his downfall at this point? Lets stop playing pretend.

Comment

Khan did a silly thing getting rid of him. He's peaked, and Hunter will not get anything more out of him. He'll only be even weaker because transitioning to a new trainer isn't easy.

It's interesting to note that after Ariza left Khan, Khan started losing. *whisper* ariza shakes *whisper*

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
                    I suppose the beatings he took under Freddie Roach, regardless of whether he won or lost, has nothing to do with his downfall at this point? Lets stop playing pretend.
                    He got ktfo by Prescott and dropped numerous times prior. His defence was the same if not worse in fact, but he faced lesser guys. He has always taken shots flush.

His downfall is due to his own mistakes. For example trying to KO Garcia.

Peterson was on PED's.
                    Maidana got him with a good shot and he was hurt, but still came on strong after considering.

Comment

Working...
                    X