Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Catchweights for titles. Fixed fights. Boxing getting more corrupt?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catchweights for titles. Fixed fights. Boxing getting more corrupt?

Seriously there's a line, it has been treaded on and now fighters are walking (all) over it.

Catch weights for titles ... Fixed fights ... Refusal to better drug testing ... ... plasters in boxing gloves ... steroids. Is boxing getting more corrupt? Yes or NO.
    Yes
    90.91%
    No
    9.09%

aint ***** changed.

leonard/Lalonde 1988.

was no fixed fights over the weekend.

no one got busted for roids but that ***** has been around for 40 years at least.

but if you want maybe we can go back to the days where the Mafia controlled boxing, yeah, the glory days where fights were fixed on the regular and certain guys wouldn't get title shots, etc. etc etc

boxing maybe ****ed up but it's came a long way from that.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
      aint ***** changed.

leonard/Lalonde 1988.

was no fixed fights over the weekend.

no one got busted for roids but that ***** has been around for 40 years at least.

but if you want maybe we can go back to the days where the Mafia controlled boxing, yeah, the glory days where fights were fixed on the regular and certain guys wouldn't get title shots, etc. etc etc

boxing maybe ****ed up but it's came a long way from that.
      Harrison and Haye was definitely fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Walterson View Post
        Harrison and Haye was definitely fixed.
        harrison is just a terrible fighter, I don't know what people expected there.

my friend called me and asked me what I thought about the fight cuz he wanted to bet on it, I said, "harrison is horrible, haye by 3rd round KO" sure enough.

it wasn't hard to predict a shutout.

Comment

I know, its shocking

Fighters taking vacations instead of fighting the best...

Terrible

Comment

I don't think it is possible for boxing to get more corrupt than in the past.

The corruption has stayed relatively the same though.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
              I know, its shocking

Fighters taking vacations instead of fighting the best...

Terrible
              Don't know how that could be corrupt?

Comment

It's always been bad but now...ugh. I don't know. I really don't ****ing know anymore. When I look at the fans on this site, I wanna pull my hair out. Why would the product change if the consumer buys anyway?

Comment

It's always been like this. Cept boxing is more or less a dead sport =\

Comment

I don't know how catch-weight for titles are corrupt but OK...

And, I don't think Haye-Harrison was fix either. It was just Haye his flamboyant self and said "now" and start throwing punches.

If the fight was fix for 3 rounds, they would of had it been known already before the fight started where Haye wouldn't have to say now.

Comment

Working...
                    X