No announcement yet.

How many rounds do you spar?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many rounds do you spar?

How many rounds do you spar in a row without a round off on average??? I did 8 yesterday and i felt like i was gunna die...

Well imo it depends on how you feel, what condition your in and who your sparing
    somedays ill only do 4x2's, sometimes 4 then a short break and 4 more sometimes 12 it really depends
    kind regards

Comment

I average between 4-5 rounds str8 @ 3 minutes a piece. Of course i go back in.

6 rounds when I'm feelin it...plus goin back in

7-8 rounds when the gym's pumpin and i'm on fire.

Usually when i spar, i go hard 3 rounds, then work, coast, work, and then finish hard.

Comment

Not too much, 3-4 rounds of actual sparring and maybe 3-4rounds of technical sparring. Depends who Im sparring, theres one guy who refuses to have more than 15 seconds rest between rounds. I only ever do 3 rounds with him then I go do some drills. If I get a full minutes rest I could go all day.

Comment

3-4 rounds

Comment

depends

yesterday i did 3x2 min regular sparring (30 sec breaks)

then later in the session i did 2x3 min rounds of lead hand sparring, 2 rounds of setting up the right hand with thr jab and then 2 rounds regular sparring

then at the end of the session i did 2x3 min rounds of technical sparring

Comment

just 3-4 sometimes my trainor and i go 6

4 im almost out air 5-6 is killing me

Comment

I've been going 6.. the most ever 11...

But I go 6 with 2 people and it is very tiring.. of course im holding back to save energy also.

Comment

out of condition can prob only handle 5-6 in condition ive done 15. thigh cramped out like 30 seconds before the end of the 15th. 1 minute rest ofcourse between rounds. good times

Comment

It all depends I think. Like right now Im training for the Ga Golden Gloves so we go hard. Btwn 5-8 rounds of sparring 2 mins each with different opponents. Take a round or two off then right to mitt work 3 to 5 rounds 2 mins each. It just depends on what your training for.

Comment

Working...
                    X