No announcement yet.

why manny is not overrated.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why manny is not overrated.

He came up 7 WEIGHT CLASSES. He is dominating opponents that are supposed to beat him. He is the first boxer in history to do this. Not 4,5,6, but 7 weight classes. Most boxers go up 2 weight classes and get beat up. He is a certified monster. Period. Point. Blank.

Say something.

Comment

Originally posted by tika00 View Post
      Say something.
      something.............

he is overrated by some of his fans like most fighters are

Comment

He is not overrated. He is given credit people think he deserves. FOTD is what people think he is worth.
        He is like the beacon of light that everyone looks up to. Its not that other boxers arent great, ie cotto, jmm. Its just Pac is phenomenal.

Khan looks up to Pac, and there arent many boxers Khan would bow and curtsey to, and Khan is a decent fighter now.

Comment

I think he is overrated, but the whole thing is almost any really highly rated fighter is overrated.

A good way to look at it is when someone fans start considering their guy a perfect human fighting machine they are probably over rating their guy.

This is not specific to Manny or even fighters of this era though.

Comment

Every fighter is overrated and underrated it all depends on who is doing the ratings.

Comment

If floyd stays with top rank or continues with the "Pretty Boy" moniker as oppossed to "Money May" Gangster crap, does the media even discuss Manny at all? Maybe, maybe not. Thats why I think some say he is over rated.

Comment

He came up 7 WEIGHT CLASSES. He is dominating opponents that are supposed to beat him. He is the first boxer in history to do this. Not 4,5,6, but 7 weight classes. Most boxers go up 2 weight classes and get beat up. He is a certified monster. Period. Point. Blank.
                Knowing the Oscar situation later, he wasnt supposed to beat Pac. I didnt give Cotto much of a chance against Pac, Clottey is Clottey. Marquez arguably beat him both times. Morales beat him. 2nd and 3rd Morales fight, we know Morales condition for those fights. I didnt give Hatton a chance either, so what have we, I think what we have and Roach has confirmed this in his description of these fighters leading up to the fights, is that Manny's wins are very overhyped because these fighters were either flawed or were under flawed circumstances. Manny really needs Floyd.

Comment

why manny is not overrated.
                  Floyd and Manny are two of the best of this era. Attempts to discredit either fighter are shameful.

Comment

He's a paper champ at 135 and he's going to be a paper champ at 154.

Hatton was damaged goods at 140, Cotto was damaged goods at 145, and Margacheato is damaged goods at 151.

So what? Him and Floyd started at the same weight.

Is Poochiao great? Yes. Is he a God? **** no.

Comment

Working...
                    X