Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paul Williams vs Kelly Pavlik at 160, who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Williams isn't slick enough to avoid Pavlik and he doesn't hit hard enough either. As the fight would progress, Pavlik would most likely keep gaining more and more. By mid to late rounds Williams will start taking a beating.

Comment

Originally posted by KOTF View Post
      If Paul can take Pavlik's punches it's a mirror image of the Margarito fight. Dunno if he can though
      If kelly can land PUNCHES . Not every one of Pavliks Punches will be the One Shot. He needs a lot. He will not out box Williams ...

Comment

Originally posted by Underdog82 View Post
        Williams isn't slick enough to avoid Pavlik and he doesn't hit hard enough either. As the fight would progress, Pavlik would most likely keep gaining more and more. By mid to late rounds Williams will start taking a beating.
        And waht makes you think Williams will Slow down? Will Williams Slow down because Pavlik is out boxing him? NO. Will williams Slow down because he is not throwing punches and Pavlik is hitting him at will? NO! So as the fights goes on where will Pavlik Get stronger or have the chance to have his way?? hmmm HUh huh

Comment

i believe Pavlik would win mainly because his chin hasnt been tested against good a power puncher other than Margarito and Marg had started slow like always and almost had towards the end and in the first fight with Quintana although he is more of a slick boxer that throws wild; Paul was getting caught a lot and seemed as if he was going down.

Comment

Originally posted by ji23 View Post
            i believe Pavlik would win mainly because his chin hasnt been tested against good a power puncher other than Margarito and Marg had started slow like always and almost had towards the end and in the first fight with Quintana although he is more of a slick boxer that throws wild; Paul was getting caught a lot and seemed as if he was going down.
            Your first post...and this is how you do it...lol I cant comment...It hurts to bad lol

Comment

Let's get one thing straight, Williams is the one who's going to be on the back foot. Anyone watch the Margarito fight? He had Williams backing up when he wanted. In the Margarito fight he threw almost no power punches because he was boxing the power puncher. Sure people looking back will say that he dominated Margarito but the fact was that he didn't, it was a close fight.

Kelly has never backed up for any fighter, including Miranda, so he will be the aggressor. It's hard to throw power punches off the back foot. So the only thing he will be throwing is those pitty pat punches like in the Margarito fight. Margarito managed to keep the fight close because he hit Williams. Margarito has possibly the worst hand speed I've ever seen from any fighter, he made Lujan look like Floyd doin the should rolls. So Kelly will be going forward landing his power punches like he's used to. He's just to big for Williams.

And anyone comparing Bhop and Williams....

Comment

I'd go for a Pavlik victory by TKO although Pavlik getting out-boxed is always possible now we've seen Hopkins do it. But then again, is Williams of Hopkins calibre? No. I could see Williams outboxing Pavlik but ONLY because I saw Hopkins do it so you have to ask yourself does PWill have the skill, ring experience and power Hopkins has? No. He could outbox Pavlik but I don't know if he will so yeah, Pavlik by TKO or Williams by UD.

Comment

Working...
                X