Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather on Pacquiao: He Still Has Marquez Problems!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One gift deserves another:

"Pacquiao’s camp said he had a problem with giving blood. Ellerbe then wondered why Pacquiao had tattoos if he has an aversion to needles. Arum said the issue was with the blood, not the needles.

Back and forth it goes. Mayweather’s advisers said they believed Pacquiao had not been fully informed of the testing procedures. They pointed out, and Tygart confirmed, that the test requires less than a teaspoon of blood. They noted the athletes who have undergone this type of testing, including Kobe Bryant and Michael Phelps.

Arum countered with Top Rank’s preference: using the testing procedures of the N.F.L. or the N.B.A., organizations that he said “deal with professional athletes.” The issue is not the testing, Arum said, but who does it and when."

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/24/sp...xing.html?_r=0

Now note: that article is from 2009. Here's where the NFL is in 2014:

"NEW YORK -- When the Super Bowl ends, three complete seasons will have come and gone without testing for human growth hormone -- even though the NFL and the players' union originally paved the way to check for that drug in August 2011.

NFL Players Association Executive Director DeMaurice Smith said Thursday that HGH testing is still being held up by a disagreement with the league over whether the commissioner or a neutral arbitrator will handle certain types of appeals."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...ppeals-process

Why did Arum not suggest VADA in 2009? Why only VADA now? NOt knocking VADA, but the problem was never who does the test, but testing itself. Another note about Arum, which makes Manny look suspect:

"Why did the talks fail? According to Marley, contrary to most reports, Pacquiao was unwilling to move an inch on drug testing. And Mayweather was unwilling to move an inch on money.

Pretty predictable.

As another example of the way Arum operates, it also turns out that "Pacquiao accepting 14 days" was just more "smoke" as part of the Arum charade.

The original quote from Pacquiao was 100 percent fake. Arum has admitted as much. The second quote from Pacquiao was real, but for PR purposes. Pacquiao's manager denied it was accurate, when quizzed soon after.

To confirm the charade, only days ago, Arum was asked straight up, what drug terms Pacquiao had agreed to and he was unable to give an answer.

This is a man who had an agreement with Mayweather's people? He couldn't even answer what the supposed drug agreement was?"

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/4...before-ellerbe

Again, the whole situation could have been avoided with a teaspoon of blood.

Comment

• Originally posted by checko12 View Post
      carloscruz10009 and Bronx2245... you guys should get a room together.
      If that makes you feel like your point is more vaild.. then that's cool.... I am posting articles and youtube videos backing my opinions... I don't even like Floyd Mayweather.... guess u can say all the P A C T A R D S can get a room together as well.. makes no sense buddy

Comment

• Originally posted by checko12 View Post
        carloscruz10009 and Bronx2245... you guys should get a room together.
        Check12... you should read.... actually try to read all the posts... me & Bronx actually haven't agreed on everything.. unliked P a c t a r d NATION.. but I don't need to resort to name-calling to validate my point.. or in your case get a room with someone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
          Thanks for the link:

Derek (Tampa)

What do you make of that article that goes out of its way to implicate Floyd Mayweather as a PED user without actually saying it?

Dan Rafael
          (12:13 PM)

That has been the rumor for a long time but I need to see proof before I accuse somebody of something so serious. What is fact, however, is that the settlement in the Pacquiao/Mayweather lawsuit happened after the Pacquiao camp tried to get Mayweather's USADA testing records. So maybe where there is smoke there is fire.

This all could have been settled with a teaspoon of blood, or Manny should have suggested a different testing agency if he had suspicions about USADA. However he didn't. He only asked for a window of NO TESTING. I've seen where fighters have asked for both agencies, i.e. Donaire vs. Rigondeaux. That would have solved the problem too. But to say i'm moving on to Clottey because I can't get a window of non-testing makes him forever look suspect. To wait until you're KO'd by JMM to become a proponent of VADA testing is also a day late and 100 million dollars short. Thanks again for the link!
          Interesting tidbit there from Rafael, that Floyd settled when asked to provide his testing records. Where theres smoke theres usually fire. Of course Dan is a pro and not a blowhard that ll outright accuse someone just on the basis of smoke, like youve been doing here before getting squashed

Comment

• Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
            WBC/WBA welterweight champion Floyd Mayweather Jr. is unable to escape the public demand for a fight with Manny Pacquiao, the WBO's champion. Mayweather is currently involved with the ongoing five city press tour to promote the September 13th rematch with Marcos Maidana.

During their tour stop in Chicago, local fans started a chant of "Pacquiao, Pacquiao, Pacquiao." The chanting got the attention of Mayweather, who responded that Pacquiao still has "Marquez problems" - an obvious reference to the Filipino star's sixth round knockout loss to Juan Manuel Marquez in 2012.
            [Click Here To Read More]
            I dont know how Floyd can walk around and always hear Pacquiao's name. Why not just beat the guy up already?

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
              Interesting tidbit there from Rafael, that Floyd settled when asked to provide his testing records. Where theres smoke theres usually fire. Of course Dan is a pro and not a blowhard that ll outright accuse someone just on the basis of smoke, like youve been doing here before getting squashed
              Wasn't there a big controversy with Floyd using some steroid or something illegal for his brittle hands? Is this what your talking about here?

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                "...before getting squashed." Please check all my replies to your post before banging your chest. Floyd ddi not refuse testing, Manny did. Like I said, you can't change history.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evol View Post
                  Marquez? Lmao !!
                  Pacquiao vs. Marquez II (2008-03-15) Marquez guarantee 1.5 million.

http://boxrec.com/media/index.php/Ju...o_(2nd_meeting)

Mayweather vs. Marquez:

The excess weight will cost Mayweather $300,000 per pound, meaning Marquez will get an additional $600,000 on top of his $3.2 million guarantee, a source told ESPN.com.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=4485941

LMAO!

Comment

• Originally posted by tank17211 View Post
                    I dont know how Floyd can walk around and always hear Pacquiao's name. Why not just beat the guy up already?
                    TOP RANK... Bob Arum... and probably even Freddie Roach don't want the fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                      Pacquiao vs. Marquez II (2008-03-15) Marquez guarantee 1.5 million.

http://boxrec.com/media/index.php/Ju...o_(2nd_meeting)

Mayweather vs. Marquez:

The excess weight will cost Mayweather $300,000 per pound, meaning Marquez will get an additional $600,000 on top of his $3.2 million guarantee, a source told ESPN.com.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=4485941

LMAO!
                      Hey Bronx im pretty good in Math.... but twice as much in Hebrew means double correct? So hes making double to fight Floyd??? Is that correct? LMAO

Comment

Working...
                      X