Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Taylor-Hopkins 1 and 2. Who did y'all have winning?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Both fights were close. I am going to have to go in my VHS boxing collection and dig those fights out and score those two fights. I was watching the Wright vs Taylor fight yesterday I only got to the 4th round because I had some **** to do but I had a tie two rounds a piece. What a fight that was too. I am watching that fight right now.

Comment

First fight I gave to Taylor but I definitely gave the second fight to Hopkins. First one was close, but I do believe Hopkins certainly won the 2nd.

Comment

Close contests but Taylor won. Ray

Comment

1st fight Taylor did not do enough to beat the champ. Hopkins should of retained. Their were at least 4 swing rounds. I believe I had Hopkins by 2 rounds

2nd fight theirs more of a case for Taylor it seemed like Hopkins gave the belts away. Again their were quite a few swing rounds but I felt came on stronger in the later rounds of the 1st fight to steal it, the 2nd was tougher.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey
            Taylor won both

Deal with it
            Typical troll hate post.

Your boy Calzaghe got a gift plain and simple after cherry picking for years wouldn't even fight The road Warrior Glenn Johnson, ducked him 3-4 times. Its proven fact. Waited until Roy and Bhop lost their speed which was the only thing Calzaghe had on them.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

It feels odd to see these described by so many posters as "fights", when they saw Bore Hard throw about six punches a round.

I felt he was unlucky in the first one, though some refs could have scored a KD early (ISTR?) and he could have been deducted a point for blatant fouling even by his standards.

As for the second, I was amazed to see a man of Hopkins' intelligence basically do exactly the same thing over and then be surprised that he lost.

Comment

taylor whooped that azz

Comment

Taylor won both. As good as Hopkins rep is today it doesn't change the fact that Taylor beat him twice. Taylor wasn't intimidated at all by Hopkins and fought like it.

Comment

taylor by split decision in the first fight, taylor by unanimous decision in the rematch....

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
                      Jones CLEARLY won...Dawson CLEARLY won....Taylor won the rematch but not CLEARLY imo...the rest can be debated
                      Even the Calzaghe fight? It's been ages since I've sat down to watch it but I remember Hopkins' lack of activity hurting his chances against someone so busy.

I was rooting for Hopkins when I saw that fight live.

Comment

Working...
                      X