No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chavez's Options: Cotto-Margarito Winner, Felix Sturm

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Chavez's Options: Cotto-Margarito Winner, Felix Sturm

Co-promoters Fernando Beltran and Bob Arum of Top Rank are interested in matching WBC middleweight champion Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. against the winner of the upcoming rematch between Miguel Cotto and Antonio Margarito, scheduled for December 3rd. Chavez vs. Cotto was once being explored in 2010, but the fight never happened. Another fight of interest is a unification with WBA champion Felix Sturm of Germany. Sturm is going to be a much tougher fight to put together, as he makes a lot of money to stage his fights in Germany.

[Click Here To Read More]

interesting if it happens. chavez may be too big for cotto or margarito at this point, but alvarez is no bigger than cotto

Comment

no mention of his mandatory Martinez. haha

Chavez is a coward

Comment

these people want no part of martinez,its sickening..hope suliman is a man of his word(which i know he isnt)and strips this guy

Comment

If Cotto wanted a 150 catchweight for Margarito, I doubt he really wants to fight a 180 pound Chavez. And if Margarito wins, he'll probably won't want to move up to 160 after winning a 154 belt.

Comment

Originally posted by rey guey View Post
            no mention of his mandatory Martinez. haha

Chavez is a coward
            blame Arum,guy is a crook

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
              interesting if it happens. chavez may be too big for cotto or margarito at this point, but alvarez is no bigger than cotto
              POOPA! don't you have another thread in the lounge to respond to?! and yes, big poopa, alvarez is a good bit bigger than cotto. . . lol cotto used to fight at 140. . . alvarez is noticeably beefier. . .
              Last edited by UglyPug; 11-21-2011, 12:22 AM.

Comment

Skillwise I think Cotto is better than Chavez Jr., Punch-resistance wise I think Margarito can take more abuse on his body, and I think Chavez Jr. can beat Felix Sturm because Sturm is a fraud. Chavez Jr. should fight Sturm anywheres other than Germany because Chavez Jr. will be robbed on the scorecards otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                  If Cotto wanted a 150 catchweight for Margarito, I doubt he really wants to fight a 180 pound Chavez. And if Margarito wins, he'll probably won't want to move up to 160 after winning a 154 belt.
                  Margarito can still keep the 154 belt even after 1 fight. If he stays at 160 after then he would vacate, but he could go back if he chose to.

Comment

yeah im sure if martinez had the drawing power chavez did, he would not fight a guy who couldn't dry flies to ****. . . anyway, we all know martinez is a cut above chavez, WHY IS MARTINEZ being the coward by trying to fight him and not CHALLENGE HIMSELF by fighting the best available? SERGIO = people's champ! always making the best fights for the fans! he has no other motivations aside from making the people happy because he is the people's champ!

Comment

Working...
                    X