Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a link between hand size and punching power?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hectari View Post
    Pacman is a giant dwarf, short stocky, with a square muscular jaw and wide face. Most Chinese are built like zou shining with fragile bones. PAC is built like a caveman. Wide ankles and wrists. He is just a genetic freak
    I don't think Pac is Chinese bro
    That could explain the mystery

Comment

Originally posted by Hype job View Post
      And are fighters called heavy handed.. literally heavy handed?

I mean hand size as a whole length and breadth.

I notice pacman has rather big hands, Maidana has huge goofy hands with goofy freaky ass knuckles while guys like Malignaggi and Floyd have feminine fine hands..

I also notice this in myself I have a rather broad longish hand, feels rather empowering when I shake another mans hand and engulf his hand with my big manly hands. I also have a big punch.
      No I,ve seen dudes with small hands who are very hard punchers, Chavez Sr had small hands, so does Manny Pacquaio. When I use to coach Kids there was a little dude name Jaime Rodriguez who fought at 106 he had little hands and he would hit harder than most guys that weighed up to 150 pounds. I held the focus pads so I know who was hitting harder. I know he fought at National level in the amateur till 2006 the guy just quit one day cause he thought he had no chance at Luis Yanez I told you can beat him but he had doubt in himself he stood 5 foot 2

Comment

Pacman is a giant dwarf, short stocky, with a square muscular jaw and wide face. Most Chinese are built like zou shining with fragile bones. PAC is built like a caveman. Wide ankles and wrists. He is just a genetic freak

But PAC has strong bones, he has never broken his hands in a fight or hitting the heavy bag full blast, Floyd and Pauline have skinny feminine girl hands, and break their hands a lot. Bone strength and density determines how you can handle punching, Floyd and Pauline have brittle hands.
        Dude try thinking before you write you have a Picture Of Pac and Algeri look how small Pacs hands look compared to Algeri yet Algeri only has 6 knock outs

Comment

Its not the size of the hand its how robust it is and how heavy the bone is , if your hands hurt when you land solid you are likely to pull your punches a little , it will happen subconsciously so there is not a lot you can do about , if they dont hurt at all you want to punch through the guys head .

Comment

But wouldn't the opposite be true from a physics point?

Like if you apply, say, 1000 pounds of pressure over a smaller surface area, it's going to be more deadly, than 1000 pounds of pressure applied over a larger surface area?

Comment

of course.

do HW usually have bigger hands than minimumweights?

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyJoeJoee View Post

Like if you apply, say, 1000 pounds of pressure over a smaller surface area, it's going to be more deadly, than 1000 pounds of pressure applied over a larger surface area?

can a baby sized man generate the same amount of force as a larger one?

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyJoeJoee View Post

Even though on paper you are right its over thinking real world , like whats going to kill you better a small car hitting you at a 100 mph or a family sized car , the size and weight is not the killing force , the speed and your fragile structure is why you die .

Same as a punch , its the speed , its follow through power which made up of its leverage and technique and whether you see it coming or not , then its your structure of neck , mental constitution etc on how well you take it .

Comment

A larger hand would be a heavier object than a smaller hand and since boxing gloves are the same size the force will be spread over the same area. Mass is half the force equation.

Comment

Pacman is a giant dwarf
                      LOL...I used to think you were a fan hectari

Comment

Working...
                      X