Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxing's Newest Power Family - The Smith's?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxing's Newest Power Family - The Smith's?

So, we all know about the Mayweather's, Spinks, Judah's, Chavez's, Marquez's, etc.

What's your take on the Smith family? You have Paul, Liam, Callum and Stephen.

I'm not going to lie, I haven't seen any of them fight, with the exception of Paul. But after looking at their ranking and stats, I can't help notice their impressive records and top 10 rankings.

So my question is, out of all the brothers, who has the most potential and who do you see achieving the most?

Will this family go down amongst some of the greats?

It might be too early to tell, but for those that know schit about boxing, please break it down for me and enlighten the rest of us.

Tbh i doubt they will the only one with serious talent is callum, paul is at best european level and the other ive never seen

Comment

i don't rate stephen and liam that highly. they have benefited from the smith family's relative popularity in the UK. not sure that they'd get title shots otherwise. and paul was basically a good domestic fighter. callum could do well

i think the three yafai brothers have more talent, and probably the mcdonnell twins too

Comment

Stephen is euro level, paul is euro level.

Jury is out on Liam until he fights a decent name (J.rock.Andrade, charlo bro's all KO him and lara easily UD's him)

Callum is the only one capable of competing at world level. so to answer your question: No.

Comment

Stephen looks pretty damn good so far

Comment

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
            So, we all know about the Mayweather's, Spinks, Judah's, Chavez's, Marquez's, etc.

What's your take on the Smith family? You have Paul, Liam, Callum and Stephen.

I'm not going to lie, I haven't seen any of them fight, with the exception of Paul. But after looking at their ranking and stats, I can't help notice their impressive records and top 10 rankings.

So my question is, out of all the brothers, who has the most potential and who do you see achieving the most?

Will this family go down amongst some of the greats?

It might be too early to tell, but for those that know schit about boxing, please break it down for me and enlighten the rest of us.
            Bump before the fight

Comment

None of them might not be elite but to have 4 brothers...1 of them a world champion, 2 have fought for the world title and another one is now mandatory for the WBC SMW title.

It's still a pretty great really for 4 brothers to get to even that level when you consider how many people go into boxing gyms and have no success at all in the game and how many don't get beyond journeyman level.

probably not even 0.01% of people that walk into a boxing gym with an aspiration get anywhere near their level, so 4 brothers is good.
              Last edited by deathofaclown; 09-17-2016, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X