No announcement yet.

Tougher fight for Ward: GGG or Kovalev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tougher fight for Ward: GGG or Kovalev

Not which one you would rather see but which one is tougher for Ward himself. He's the link to all of these superfights. Vote and explain.
    Dropping in weight to fight GGG
    28.95%
    Going up in weight to fight Kovalev
    71.05%

I think Kovalev is the tougher fight after I saw what he did to Bernard.
    Golovkin looked brilliant against Lemieux but Ward doesn't fight anything like David and he's much bigger. I don't know if Ward is still as good as he was 2 or 3 years ago though. It's all an educated guess, really.

I still can't really decide who's better. GGG or Kovalev?

Comment

Originally posted by Damn Wicked View Post
      I think Kovalev is the tougher fight after I saw what he did to Bernard.
      Golovkin looked brilliant against Lemieux but Ward doesn't fight anything like David and he's much bigger. I don't know if Ward is still as good as he was 2 or 3 years ago though. It's all an educated guess, really.

I still can't really decide who's better. GGG or Kovalev?
      Not sure how anyone can say GGG. Kovalev is more well rounded and skilled, but he especially has the better resume.

For Ward I think it would be tough to be at his best if he had to cut that much weight against GGG, that's why I think this is a good comparison of tough matchups for him.

Comment

Kovalev.....

Comment

Kovalev is bigger, strong as fuk and lankier probably.

Comment

Kovalev is bigger, stronger, more power and far far more proven.

GGG's real skill is unknown, he hasnt been tested.

Comment

Kovalev. Though if he drops down in weight, then he can have a lot of trouble with GGG being weight drained.

Comment

I would pick both guys to beat Ward right now but my guess is that kovalev would be more difficult because of his size (and we know ward wouldn't drop any weight to face golovkin).

Right now we really don't even know how good Ward is. He has been ridiculously inactive and that takes it's toll. It's also disappointing that his plan seems to be to face the least resistance possible until he gets a big fight. For someone that has spent so much time on the sideline, that could really backfire.

Comment

Obviously kov. But if he had to go to 164 maybe golovkin since he'll be drained

Comment

I voted Kovalev but mainly because of the way he beat Bernard and he seems to have better foot movement. I really like GGG but I still want to see more technical skills. He showed good skill in the Lemieux fight....but Lemieux looked limited. Was that because of GGG or just because David isn't that great? Golovkin seems like a tank. Strong and tough. I hope he shows that he really is as good as he seems in his next few fights.
                    I think Kovalev is more solid at this point but that impression can change in their next fights.

Comment

Working...
                    X