No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach Says Rios is on Pacquiao's List, Not Tim Bradley

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
    I suppose fighting in spurts, consistently missing big and then proceeding to lose the championship rounds is that much better? Two can play at this ******ed game

Except I acknowledge both fighters' works, simply saying the fight could have swung either way.
    I don't recall timmy landing punches throughout the fight. Giving someone a W for popping out a jab is ******ed

Comment

• Does anyone really think Manny will be done after next year anyway? The way he goes through cash I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him fighting five years from now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Money_May View Post
        I don't recall timmy landing punches throughout the fight. Giving someone a W for popping out a jab is ******ed

Agree!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
          When I watched it again I honestly expected to confirm my view that Manny had won by 3/4 clear rounds, at least. I never get too worked up over a decision until I've watched the fight again as it's so easy to miss things first time around, but I was really surprised that this one was so different.

The crucial difference was the quality of Manny's work. Bradley did a way better job of making him miss than I saw anyone give him credit for initially. Most of Manny's shots were glancing at best, and either blocked or wide the rest of the time.

So it changed the fight from one where Manny would work for 30-60 seconds and land the decisive shots, to one where Manny would do nothing for two minutes, then land some glancing blows in a few spurts of action before the bell sounded.

It also made you realise that Bradley was the one deciding the nature of the exchanges for the most part, and while he wasn't as effective as Marquez is controlling the ring, his gameplan was cut from a similar cloth.

If Bradley could punch, or had even taken a few more chances when he had Manny out of position, I think he would have gotten the UD. As it was, there were like you say 3-4 rounds in the fight that were a toss up. As such you can't argue with a close decision either way.
          Manny was missing but Bradley was missing more!!! Bradley's strategy is to move his hands wildly while back-pedaling whenever he sees Manny about to move in!!! He was throwing punches in the air as a defence for f****'s sake, Bradley was trying to trick everybody by appearing to be the busier fighter when all he was doing was punching on all directions hoping that one of them will land on Manny....

Comment

• Originally posted by Rapid Counter View Post
            The definition of a cherry pick. If Mayweather fought Rios he would be crucified for it. The double standards on this site is a joke.

I doubt it. I think this just shows how great Mayweather's promoting is. When he fought Ortiz, which I think is equivalent to Manny fighting Rios, motherfuckers lined up to say "great fight". Now that Manny maybe fighting Rios, everybody's lining up to call it for what it is, even tho they didn't line up to call Mayweather's pick of Ortiz, for what it was. This is why Bob Arum and Manny are sinking and why Mayweather is still in everybody's mouth, even though he ain't even active.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gera View Post
              I doubt it. I think this just shows how great Mayweather's promoting is. When he fought Ortiz, which I think is equivalent to Manny fighting Rios, motherfuckers lined up to say "great fight". Now that Manny maybe fighting Rios, everybody's lining up to call it for what it is, even tho they didn't line up to call Mayweather's pick of Ortiz, for what it was. This is why Bob Arum and Manny are sinking and why Mayweather is still in everybody's mouth, even though he ain't even active.
              Even thouhg i agree that TR is sinking and everyone still wants to talk about Mayweather i disagree that Rios is the same as Ortiz. Ortiz fought Berto who was a champion and a top fighter at WW and fought other top opponents at 140 before moving up, Rios on the other hand had one fight at 140 and against a tough, but fringe top 10 contender. I truly believe Ortiz would demolish Rios and yes i agree that if Floyd fought Rios he would get hated on for it.

Now im donw for any fight as long as they have earned it and to me fighting Alvarado at 140 did earn Rios a shot.

Comment

• Rios has a style Pacquiao would look spectacular against, probably would knock him out without 4-6 Rounds

Comment

• AHHHH!!! Did Bum Bum Rios just fight at 135 last year? and got Spanked by Richard Abril at that! Stop it Manny,Arum,Roach! Thats just ridiculous. Arum Ran out of in house Welterweights so now he's gonna clean out Junior-Welter??? GTFO. Fight Berto or Devon Alexander or Guerrero or Cotto at 150 but RIOS??? Thats a joke. Fight gets stopped in 5...

Comment

• Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
                    Thats all that matters huh? Being known as the fighter who took a gift win when the whole world knows he lost is an embarrassment . hehe Forget pride!
                    How dare a Pac fan talk about pride at this point??Pac does not even want to avenge a lost...Talk about forgetting about pride...

Comment

• Originally posted by Money_May View Post
                      Body punches don't count I guess...

Not to mention I guess Pac bit his lip to cause that bloody mouth he had at fights end...

Comment

Working...
                      X