No announcement yet.

Conspiracy Theory, Tom Clancy Style

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conspiracy Theory, Tom Clancy Style

Mumbai, Georgia, Iraq, Congo, Somali Pirates. What do all these things have in common? They are military threats on a sub-national level or the National level of world powers?

Where am I going with this you ask? Who is one of the large beneficiaries of the Iraq "Safety Force"? Private Military Contractors. From Executive Outcomes in Africa, to Dynocorp, BlackWater, KBR (Haliburton) and many more.

There are over 100,000 Private Military Soldiers in Iraq alone. They are not subject to regular rules of engagement and are immune to Iraqi Law as well. The companies literally make billions of dollars both Directly from the Goverment (doing jobs formerly held by the regular military) and companies that hire them privately.

Now with the outbreak in Mumbai you can bet your sweat ass that Hotels, Companies who have employees doing business in India will take a good hard look at possibly employing these groups and just write it off as an operating expense. This could be extended to other countries as part of new policies by companies to Indonesia, Middle East, Turkey, Africa.

Same is true for having Private Contractors protecting shipping. With Pirates asking for ransoms it becomes economically practical to hire Private Protection.

As for Congo, the use of Modern Private Military Contractors is well documented in Africa by companies wishing to protect their assets.

In Georgia its not hidden that they have hired PMC's to "consult" and help train their military.

I probably read to much and in the past I have read Clancy, Ludlum and others. So possibly or probably not really conspiracy per se but at the least it is a form of serendipity that has and will greatly benefit those associated with the Military.......hmmmmm

You ever read the book on Blackwater? Some good ****. It cites provate contractors as a rising military organization. They say in 2002 Blackwater had $700,000 in contracts. Now it has $32 billion in contracts. Its also ****ed up how they are not subject to U.S. law in another word they are 'immune' to criminal law.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bull View Post
      You ever read the book on Blackwater? Some good ****. It cites provate contractors as a rising military organization. They say in 2002 Blackwater had $700,000 in contracts. Now it has $32 billion in contracts. Its also ****ed up how they are not subject to U.S. law in another word they are 'immune' to criminal law.
      Yep...I stated that in my original post and BlackWater is just one of many PMC's. Private Military Contractoring is one industry not suffering from the economy and these latest incidents will only increase their appeal and profolio's.

Comment

Disregard my previos post, turns out the *******s are losing their immunity. WOnt stop all the sick **** from happeping but its a start.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/01/wo...ntractors.html

Comment

Originally posted by Left2body View Post
          Yep...I stated that in my original post and BlackWater is just one of many PMC's. Private Military Contractoring is one industry not suffering from the economy and these latest incidents will only increase their appeal and profolio's.
          The goverments around the globe are breeding monsters sooner or later they wont be able to control anymore. The fact that the pay is much more than that of a regular soldier is also very distracting. That shows instead of increasing current soldiers salary they would rather pay that out in 'contracts.'

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bull View Post
            Disregard my previos post, turns out the *******s are losing their immunity. WOnt stop all the sick **** from happeping but its a start.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/01/wo...ntractors.html
            Yeah, I remember that happend after that whole market shootout incident. But the fact that it was even in place is disturbing.

Private Militaries is disturbing in itself but having it number in the hundreds of thousands is even more so. Private Military is intrinsically a conflict of interest.

Comment

You have been playing to much Army Of Two.

Comment

Originally posted by badblood View Post
                You have been playing to much Army Of Two.
                LOL, never played it the reviews were bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Left2body View Post
                  LOL, never played it the reviews were bad.
                  The game was decent but the story was all about PMC's and how much power they really have.

Comment

Originally posted by badblood View Post
                    The game was decent but the story was all about PMC's and how much power they really have.
                    It sounds crazy but these guys are well researched many times. Look at the story line/plot of Ghost Recon 1 which was released in 2001.

Ghost Recon begins in August 2008, with civil unrest in Russia. Ultra-nationalists have seized power in Moscow, with plans to rebuild the Iron Curtain. Their first step is clandestine support of rebel factions in Georgia and the Baltic States. This storyline foreshadows the 2008 South Ossetia War. This is where the Ghosts come in: to silence the rebellion. Armed with some of the most advanced weaponry in the world, the soldiers of the Ghost Recon force are covertly inserted into Eastern Europe and given specific missions to curtail the rebel actions and overthrow their benefactors.

Comment

Working...
                    X