No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: DeGale Hopes To Secure Major Title Shot in 2013

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: DeGale Hopes To Secure Major Title Shot in 2013

JAMES DeGALE is aiming to KO his ‘forgotten man’ tag in style by becoming the best super-middleweight in the world.

DeGale meets Colombian Fulgencio Zuniga for the vacant WBC silver belt at Hull on Saturday night and is determined to end the year on a high.

The Channel 5 bout gives the 26-year-old Londoner a chance to showcase his talents on terrestrial TV and move a step nearer the world title mix.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I was not impressed with DeGale in his last outing and fear he's gone backwards. I believe he maybe beat Groves in their fight, but he's definately gone downhill since. People seem to think he's a cvnt too; he's actually a really nice fella; I chatted to him once at a weigh in and he's not like his public persona.

I'd like to see James rebuild his profile by being more humble; stop bashing Groves and get his ring confidence back. He has all the potential.

Comment

I'd like to see him do well, I just don't see him taking a title from the current title holders at this moment in time

Comment

DeGale has good quickness, but he seems a bit weak mentally. He should worry less about being the next Calzaghe or Froch, and just concentrate on building up a reputation with some strong performances.

Comment

Originally posted by ddangerous View Post
          DeGale has good quickness, but he seems a bit weak mentally. He should worry less about being the next Calzaghe or Froch, and just concentrate on building up a reputation with some strong performances.
          That's exactly what he should do.

He seems to have slipped very far down the ladder and almost into obscurity. I remember him against Smith and he looked amazing with slick counters and great skills. he was lazy against grooves and since then he hasnt really done anything. he needs to be fighting 5 times per year and putting on great performances. I personally feel he will eventually slip away and turn into a Audley harrison type fighter who is only known as an Olympic gold medal winner.

Comment

James Degale is just simply not very good.

Comment

World title shot...I guess Arthur Abraham is the weakest of the current champions.

I expect he'd still have to much for DeGale.

Comment

Working...
              X