No announcement yet.

I think Pirog, Martinez, Proksa & Golovkin would easily beat Andy Lee

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Pirog, Martinez, Proksa & Golovkin would easily beat Andy Lee

Andy Lee doesn't seem to me to be a bona-fide world-class fighter. He's just not athletic enough. A real top middleweight would have stopped Brian Vera tonight.

I think Sturm, Quillin and N'Jikam would beat Lee too, though not as easily as the previously mentioned four.

Lee needs to strike a balance between boxing at a distance, counterpunching and aggression. Lee seemed to potshot Vera all night and when he did land the big punch (he landed numerous) he stepped back and let him off the hook. He fought way too cautious and tentative tonight against a limited oppponent. He respected Vera too much, in other words..

Comment

I'd like to see him in with Chavez

Comment

Originally posted by JoeWbbmest311 View Post
        I'd like to see him in with Chavez
        Yes. They are on the same level, so it would be a competitive fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
          Yes. They are on the same level, so it would be a competitive fight.
          Disagree, Lee would destroy that kid.

The others I'd agree with bar Sturm. Lee would most likely dictate that fight with his own jab I reckon.

Comment

Would love to see Lee against Pirog. Lee at the very least proved he's no chump. If Pirog could beat him silly, I'll get aboard the Pirog train and start clamoring for Martinez vs Pirog.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
              Would love to see Lee against Pirog. Lee at the very least proved he's no chump. If Pirog could beat him silly, I'll get aboard the Pirog train and start clamoring for Martinez vs Pirog.
              I would love to see that fight, with the winner fighting Martinez.

I think Pirog would dominate Lee, he's on a different level of talent and skill.

Comment

scorecards please?

Comment

Originally posted by rottentothecore View Post
                  scorecards please?
                  Proksa easily stopped Sylvester, who is better than Vera.

Pirog gave a better schooling to and stopped Martirosyan, who is at least as good, probably better than Vera. Pirog is MUCH more athletic than Lee,

Even Bursak who I don't rate as high as those two easily schooled Vera in their first and only fight and so didn't need a rematch.

Comment

Now Proksa is obviously talented but we don't know much about him yet or if he can take a good shot or if he has mental resolve. For all we know he could be another Zab.

Comment

Working...
                    X