Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weekend HUGE Pre/Post fight thread - (Bute/Johnson)(Angulo/Kirkland)(Arreola/Butler)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Angulo, Bute (though I'm rooting for Johnson) Lebedev (rooting for Toney) Arreola, Wach

Comment

My predictions for the week end.

Lebedev vs Toney - Lebedev TKO10

Angulo vs Kirkland - Angulo KO 4

Arreola vs Butler - Arreola KO by the third(could be a 1 round blow out)

Bute vs Johnson - Bute SD12

Wach vs McCall - Wach UD 12

Comment

I think Bute wins by decision, he's a more mature fighter now and Johnson has slowed a bit, Johnson will be competitive as always and keep himself in the fight but I think Bute wins clear, 8-4ish.

I'm not counting Toney completely out of this fight, he's crafty and has an old school mentality but the last time I saw him, which was against Oquendo, he was unable to get away from Oquendo's jab and he got hit quite a bit by Oquendo's follow up punches which didn't use to happen. And he's lost almost 50 pounds since February, which must wear on his 43 year old body. I see him being competitive early but getting a little bit overwhelmed later in the fight. His age and his weight loss will play into it. Lebedev by closer than expected decision.

Arreola should knock Butler out, he should be trying to make a statement after his so so performance against Ahunanya and Butler doesn't have the best of chins. Arreola within 5.

Wach is raw, McCall is washed up apart from his chin, which is still pretty good. Wach by boring decision.

Comment

Chris Arreola vs Raphael Butler

What does it say about Chris Arreola's confidence, or his manager's confidence in him, when his next victim, er, "opponant", has won only one fight of his last 7? Raphael Butler is 1-5 with 1 NC going in against Arreola.

I posted somewhere else on here about big names padding their records with guys who are in reality, no-hopers.

I'm sure there are sharper, more worthy opponants out there for him to fight. Mismatches should be called "exhibitions" since we just about already know the outcome before the bell rings.

Comment

His ''opponent'' Raphael Butler is just a stay busy fight.

Comment

Bute TKO 12
              Toney UD
              Angulo KO 3
              Arreola KO 7

Comment

I can't wait to see Buterminator back in action. I'm sure he will win, but I not so sure if it will be by decision or a knock-out. Surely, a KO would be exceptional. Only Hopkins was able to beat Glen Johnson by a knock-out, if I'm not mistaken.

Comment

i predict angulo stops kirkland based on the fact that kirkland as good as he is with attacking he is sloppy since leaving prison and plus does not have good defence so he will most likely swarm in again as usual then alfredo will most likely counter and its goodnight kirkland..

ill take any bets as well if anyone is interested in this fight?

Comment

I want to see which round Arreola k.o's Butler.

Comment

Threads like these is just way overdoing it. Idk who ban stick is and don't care, but if you don't want members making any threads of any kind, then just cancel the whole Boxingscene membership and just be a site that posts news. Wtf is this shit, making a master thread of three different fights? Like wtf is that, seriously. Who came up with that?

Like fuck master threads to begin with, unless it's May-Pac, but there can't be a master thread for Angulo-Kirkland?, another one for Toney-Lebedev? Bute-Johnson? Why all of them bunched up together?

Boxingscene sucks. Just make it a news-only website.

Comment

Working...
                      X