Help picking a trainer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help picking a trainer?

Hey guys,

i am new to boxing (1month) and in 2 months I will have to leave the trainer i have now in california bc of me moving back to texas.

my questions is, how should i pick a trainer? I am interested in mexican style boxing where they just never stop giving. its the kind of boxer i WANT to be, so should i seek out a mexican trainer? or should any good trainer make me in to the boxer i am best suited to be?

i considered training with a mexican trainer here in california but I tried a session with him and i couldnt really understand him very well. is the language thing a big issue or something you can get past?

thanks

I moved to my current location for my trainer. I'd looked around at about ten different places and when I found this guy I just knew it was right. The best thing is that you know what style you want, like I did, so just check out some people and ask around. You will have to understand him, but the most important thing is that HE wants you to understand him. Make sure he is comited to the people he trains. I don't think they have to be Mexican but it sure would help.

Comment

www.boxinggyms.com

Comment

hey, thanks for the link but i have already gone through that site and 2 others just like it to look up information on all the different gyms in my city

this is not what i was looking for for my specific question though

thanks

Comment

where are you moving in texas

Comment

austin until december and houston after that

Comment

Why do you move a lot?

Comment

Originally posted by Karlos1991 View Post
                Why do you move a lot?
                im working in california for the summer
                im finishing my last semester of school at UT-austin
                im going to work in houston

its a hassle yea i know

Comment

My advice is to just find any trainer in ca and austin, learn some basics with them and then you can afford to be more picky somewhere where you're gonna stay.

Comment

/

lol, you shouldnt go looking for a certain nationality trainer because you want to box that style,

amature style is amature style, mexican amtures arnt too good,

if youve only been boxing 1 month theres not point looking for a mexican trainer for a mexican style because all trainers will tech you the same basics, stuff,

you decide your style not your trainer,

Comment

Working...
                    X