Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saul Alvarez Sparring Session (Full video)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

His sparring partner is giving him better opposition than Shane possibly could

Look at how Canelo gets hit at 10:43 and 11:48

He needs to fix up his defense.

Comment

Canelo can easily be outbox in the center of the ring. He seems to be more accurate when his opponents rest their backs against the ropes.

Comment

Gotta work on that defense a little more. Perhaps a little bit more head movement. I do like the way those combos flow though.

Comment

Originally posted by Alx. View Post
          needs to work on his defense a bit.
          Boxers when wearing those types of head gear tend to take defense for granted but when their wearing 8 or 10 ounce gloves they'll get the message quickly to tightned up, just seen that many times in the gym

Comment

You guys are talking only about his defense, but look at how bad his footwork his! He crosses his feet sometimes when moving side to side and he cant go backwards for shiiit!!

To is not so much his defense is him being out of balance and bad foot cordination!

Shot or not, if Mosley forces Canelo to go back, Canelo is toast!

I still see if Canelos chin is good enough, him walking Shane down and stoping him late!

Comment

¿Quién es el chata de quién?

Looks like Canelo was the other guy's sparring partner.

Comment

His sparring partner looks very fast and sharp, much better than the guy Floyd spars with. I think Mosley will perform better than he has in his last few fights and is still dangerous. I know most people don't agree with me but I think Canelo can beat any one at 154. I expect him to KO Mosley in good style. If I have him overated Mosley should show me that.

Comment

His head movement is his biggest weakness but he's a really good counterpuncher and when his opponents start getting punished with hard counters they become gunshy. His bodywork will be the key against Shane.

Comment

He's looking great in there, but I just wish he wasn't fighting old man Mosley.

Comment

I don't care how he looks in sparring, he will beat Shane on May 5th.

Comment

Working...
                      X