Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wow. - British Commentator team scored Pascal vs Bute for Bute !

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He gets a pass because:

A) He's old

B) He's Jim Watt.

Trying to understand what's going on in his mind at anyone given time is half the fun of Sky broadcasts.

Comment

Former cruiserweight champion Glen Mccrory said after that he could make a case for Bute winning due to the large inactivity from Pascal who did land better punches but also missed a hell of a lot in his bursts ,former light heavyweight bum Tony bellew also couldn't come up with a case for Pascal winning either,for 2:40 of just about every round Bute had ring generalship throwing or not throwing he was manovering the other man for most parts of the round ,granted Pascal had some success at 2 mins 50 seconds into most round with a 10-15 punch combination with about 3-5 punches landing out of that but its sometimes just not enough and it spoils the fight to try and steal like that,same tactics he used against Dawson but to ill effect

Comment

Although Bute wasn't doing anything but "****in' 'ell, me confidence is shot to ****, I'll just tap him and hope I don't get KTFO again", Pascal's amazing plan of "I'll throw ten punches a round, mon ami, eh?" wasn't really setting the world alight either.

I actually thought Bute nicked it on close (ie nothing happened at all) rounds. No, honestly.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
          Although Bute wasn't doing anything but "****in' 'ell, me confidence is shot to ****, I'll just tap him and hope I don't get KTFO again", Pascal's amazing plan of "I'll throw ten punches a round, mon ami, eh?" wasn't really setting the world alight either.

I actually thought Bute nicked it on close (ie nothing happened at all) rounds. No, honestly.
          Bute might be from Europe, but it's Romania. Not Britain. Bias limey Green teef.

Tyson Fury looks like he's from Gypsarest, but he isn't. HE is a brit.

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Hans Landa View Post
            Former cruiserweight champion Glen Mccrory said after that he could make a case for Bute winning due to the large inactivity from Pascal who did land better punches but also missed a hell of a lot in his bursts ,former light heavyweight bum Tony bellew also couldn't come up with a case for Pascal winning either,for 2:40 of just about every round Bute had ring generalship throwing or not throwing he was manovering the other man for most parts of the round ,granted Pascal had some success at 2 mins 50 seconds into most round with a 10-15 punch combination with about 3-5 punches landing out of that but its sometimes just not enough and it spoils the fight to try and steal like that,same tactics he used against Dawson but to ill effect
            Not accurate at all. Pascal would fight in spots, but he would do it 3-4 times a round not just at the end. And standing in the center of the ring bouncing up and down is not ring general ship, and for a lot of the rounds Pascal's movement and feints were determining where the fight was taking place not Bute.

So to give Bute credit for ring generalship, let alone enough to win rounds is laughable.

Comment

Pascal won with ease... if you couldn't see that you have something in common with Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles! Bute won 3/4 rounds tops. Bute is done he seems gun shy and hesitant as hell. That pitty pat wannabe jab and flinching at anything tells me he's gonna get hurt if he fights too much longer. Pascal looked like **** yet looked 100x's better than Bute lol. Either Stevenson or Kovalev destroy the pair in back to back fights.

Comment

I thought it could have been a draw.

Probably because I was drunk and bet on a draw.

Comment

He was giving Bute rounds just because Pascal wasnt taking advantage after landing his punches...even though Bute was doing nothing.

Anyone who couldnt see Pascal toying eith Bute and acting up to stage a counter rally everytime Bute had "success", does not understand boxing at all
                  Last edited by -Hyperion-; 01-19-2014, 12:30 PM.

Comment

They were hoping for a Bute vs Froch rematch
                    Wouldn't mind seeing Pascal vs Froch again

Comment

Jim Watt is a horrific commentator and scorer. Sooner he foks off the better

Comment

Working...
                      X