No announcement yet.

Was 2009 Manny's Best Year?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was 2009 Manny's Best Year?

Floyd would beat him if they ever fought. But, I can't discredit his 2009 run. Point 1. Pacquiao fought Ricky Hatton in May of 2009. When people say Pacquiao only fights people coming off a loss.Not in this case though, Hatton had just scored a tko victory over Paulie Malinaggi and was undefeated at 140 . He lost to Floyd at welter. That second round knockout was a thing of beauty to this day. Point 2. Miguel Cotto was coming off of two victories at welter and he handles boxers better than Manny does. (Zab Judah, Yuri Foreman who Manny and Freddie decided they shouldn't fight.) Cotto isn't as shot as you think. He's had three stoppage wins since then and is number 1 rated in his weight class as well as a champion.
    When Manny finished his 2009 run, I thought he might move up to better competition. But, he hasn't he let's Arum pick his matches for him and Timothy Bradley will win this June. Arum's cashing out on him.
    Yes
    75.00%
    No
    25.00%

The poll is expired.

we will see

Comment

It was okay. The Hatton win was good, I didn't like the Cotto fight.

Comment

Yeah 2009 was the YEAR for pacquaio.

Comment

03 is the year he murdered Barrera
          that's bigger than anything else he's done
          on that alone, 03 is his best year
          plus his last defense at 122 was that year

Comment

yeah even if floyd was still fighting that year pac would have replaced him as p4p 1. he was thunder n lightning personified in 09.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              It was okay. The Hatton win was good, I didn't like the Cotto fight.
              What was wrong with the Cotto fight?

Comment

In 2008 before the JMM II fight was when he was best or peaked...

After that it has been mostly full of over hyped ****.
                Last edited by WESS; 03-10-2012, 12:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by William Blake View Post
                  What was wrong with the Cotto fight?
                  I think Pac has a problem with fighting Cotto without a catchweight... it's really weird.

Kind of like fighting a LW at WW after already seeing how **** of a fighter he is at WW.

But I can see why you asked such a question as I don't think that topic has ever been discussed before.

Comment

that's around the time Alex Ariza bought his Magic Bullet so I'd say so

Last edited by thuggery; 03-10-2012, 12:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X