No announcement yet.

Scientists warn that aliens may come to destroy us

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Can those idiot scientists stop watching so many damn movies like Independence day? Aliens are not evil, they are good. The only thing evil are humans.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
        The questionis though, why would they destroy us? What would they gain?
        While I seriously doubt that there's going to be an alien invasion, the most feasible answer to this question is water. If life on their planet developed anything like ours, they need water. It's not exactly a plentiful substance (at least not from what we've found). So if they find out that there's water here, they could think that it would just be faster to take us out.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
          While I seriously doubt that there's going to be an alien invasion, the most feasible answer to this question is water. If life on their planet developed anything like ours, they need water. It's not exactly a plentiful substance (at least not from what we've found). So if they find out that there's water here, they could think that it would just be faster to take us out.
          What are the chances of that though?

I think they would want natural resources like oil.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
            What are the chances of that though?

I think they would want natural resources like oil.
            The concept is the same though.

Comment

they live among us for long time already

Comment

Nazara would have you believe it is for resources and to keep us from rising up against them.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
                  What a lot of nonsense. There's water everywhere!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water#In_the_universe

It's a chemical composition of the first and third most abundant elements in the universe! Water is readily made as a side product of almost every exothermic reaction which means it's a certainty that if aliens needed water it would be a damn sight easier to synthesize it than it would be to travel across light-years of space to steal it from another life form!

I thought someone was going to say "resources" as though there are not thousands upon thousands of planets, planetoids and asteroids containing minerals and ores that are considerably closer than earth. But no, you said something even stupider!

Comment

A peaceful rest stop on their way to wherever. Be a lot easier to kill everyone than to negotiate.

Comment

The most violent species in the entire universe are Humans. Aliens and other life-forms are not the problem.

Comment

Working...
                      X