The Official Mike "Mile High" Alvarado vs. Brandon "Bam Bam" Rios Fight Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by subhuman View Post
    Donaire is miles above Rigo.

It's just like Rios said, when he was training to fight for Abril he wasn't excited for Abril the fighter, he was just focused on weight and normal training routine, but when it was announced he's fighting Alvarado he had that spark in training.

It's the same for Donaire, who the hell would get excited to fight some prospect with 10 or 11 wins?
    yea that was his excuse after he got exposed and got a gift decision. Rigo is as equally talented as donaire and would be the closest fight for donaire. People talk about rigos resume but doanire isnt doing himself any favors by beating guys like Mathebula and Nishioka

Comment

• Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
      Donair-Rigondeaux=another **** fight that Nonito dominates, why the **** do people want to see that.....hell, i dont think theres a single fighter around his wight who's willing to fight an honest fight versus Donaire...
      VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Originally posted by DTMB View Post
      everybody screaming for a donaire rigo fight this is what it would look like.

Donaire needs to be paired with a aggressive fighter. If put him with a fellow defensive fighter you will get a stinker.

Mares v Donaire = great fight
      Agbeko v Donaire = great fight
      moreno v Donaire = stinker
      rigo v Donaire = stinker

I dont see anybody beating at 122 beating donaire. 126 i think Gary Russell Jr. has the talent, speed, and power to beat donaire.

Comment

• Big Nog got the submission!

Comment

• Originally posted by DTMB View Post

I dont see anybody beating at 122 beating donaire. 126 i think Gary Russell Jr. has the talent, speed, and power to beat donaire.
          Lol Gary Russel Jr would get KO'd. Come on man.

Russel's not ready yet.

Comment

It's just like Rios said, when he was training to fight for Abril he wasn't excited for Abril the fighter, he was just focused on weight and normal training routine, but when it was announced he's fighting Alvarado he had that spark in training.

It's the same for Donaire, who the hell would get excited to fight some prospect with 10 or 11 wins?
            Rios is making an excuse for a fight he arguably lost.
            Nonito is making an excuse for a fight he is afraid of.

Difference, rios did the fight

Comment

What was it he couldn't make weight anymore or was he bored while training for Abril? Fuck it water under the bridge man. Rios is the man. I ate some tasty crow tonight but let's not use fighters "not being excited" as a new excuse.

Comment

• Originally posted by VVho View Post
                yea that was his excuse after he got exposed and got a gift decision. Rigo is as equally talented as donaire and would be the closest fight for donaire. People talk about rigos resume but doanire isnt doing himself any favors by beating guys like Mathebula and Nishioka
                Weren't people here saying Nishioka was the best 122 pounder in the world just a few days ago?
                Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
                Rios is making an excuse for a fight he arguably lost.
                Nonito is making an excuse for a fight he is afraid of.

Difference, rios did the fight
                High risk, low reward. It's the same reason Floyd didn't want to fight Margarito and felt uncomfortable whenever he was brought up near him.

Margarito had a fanbase.

Rigo has absolutely NONE. What does Nonito get from a Rigo win aside from praise from hardcore fans?

Comment

• Originally posted by damit305
                  Quote:

Originally Posted by subhuman

What was it he couldn't make weight anymore or was he bored while training for Abril? F uck it water under the bridge man. Rios is the man. I ate some tasty crow tonight but let's not use fighters "not being excited" as a new excuse.
                  Styles make fights against Abril it was just a bad matchup. Against Alverado, it was obviously a great matchup. I don't care what people say about Rios he has a huge heart and is a fuking warrior.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
                    Lol Gary Russel Jr would get KO'd. Come on man.

Russel's not ready yet.
                    he could potentially beat donaire. he's the only one who can match up with donaire talent and athleticism wise around these weight class.

Comment

Weren't people here saying Nishioka was the best 122 pounder in the world just a few days ago?

High risk, low reward. It's the same reason Floyd didn't want to fight Margarito and felt uncomfortable whenever he was brought up near him.

Margarito had a fanbase.

Rigo has absolutely NONE. What does Nonito get from a Rigo win aside from praise from hardcore fans?
                      You just went from 1 excuse to another, which tells me neither one of them are justifiable.

There are just too many excuses coming from Nonito

Comment

Working...
                      X