No announcement yet.

Floyd stans "Arum protects Manny by getting him easy fights"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mushahadeen View Post
    floyd fights undefeated Hatton, JMM, Mosley, and Ortiz and he's getting easy fights.

5'5 pac fights De La Hoya, Cotto, Clottey, Margarito, Mosley, and he's getting easy fights.

meanwhile, Steroidgio Martinez is fighting nameless eurobum after nameless eurobum. now he's fighting Barker the Goat Farmer. and nobody complains.

thanks for ruining the internet.
    Was it I who said that, or was it I who just asked the question?

Last I checked, its been Floyd stans saying Bob Arum is getting Manny easy fights to look good in.

So, the question remains,

since Bob was also Floyds promoter, do Floyd stans feel the same way about how Arum led Floyds career?

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
      floyd left Arum when he became a draw Manny stayed and now is being pimped like a cheap hoe

I don't think Manny is scarred but Arum is scared to death of Manny getting exposed thats why they keep fighting washed up guys AND keeps asking for catchweight
      I guess no one can deny that

Comment

Originally posted by BoZz View Post
        I guess no one can deny that
        Floyd two weeks ago, "Manny is next"

Floyd today, "I never said Manny was next."

I guess no one can deny that.

Comment

arum wanted to protect floyd by matching him against top rank fighters like cotto and margarito and floyd was like ah hell no i'll protect myself by fighting baldomir.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
            arum wanted to protect floyd by matching him against top rank fighters like cotto and margarito and floyd was like ah hell no i'll protect myself by fighting baldomir.
            That actually makes sense (Bob protecting Floyd), for it was Floyd who said Cotto and Margarito were "easy money, easy work".

Comment

Originally posted by Ea$y Money View Post
              Ok, if thats your stance,

seeing as how Arum was Floyds promoter for a very long time,

does that mean Bob also protected Floyd by getting Floyd easy fights?
              Look at the level of competion earlier in their careers
              both top notch
              now Floyd protects himself and Bob protects Manny
              if Floyd was dumb like manny and still be promoted by Arum he too would be getting easy fights with all the advanteges just like manny

Comment

Easy fights lol.

Manny got busted up by Cotto, Margo and required hospital stays.

He fought De La Hoya at 147 where NO-ONE gave him a chance, having started the year 3 divisions below at 130 against Marquez who gave him hell, and who he is fighting again.

Clottey fought everyone at welter and made them all look bad before Pac.

Hatton was the lineal 140 champ, never beaten there and was coming off an impressive win where he boxed beautifully against a fast boxer in Malignaggi.

Mosley was really the only easy fight, because he was shot. It was a money fight, the type Mayweather has taken so many of (gatti, baldo, judah, ortiz, marquez)

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
                  both top notch
                  if Floyd was dumb like manny and still be promoted by Arum he too would be getting easy fights with all the advanteges just like manny
                  So answer the question instead of beating around the bush,

did Bob protect Floyd for over half of his career by getting him easy fights with all of the advantages?

A simple "yes", or "no" will do.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
                    both top notch
                    Easy fights like undefeated Corrales at 130?
                    Or Castillo in his first fight at lightweight? And the immediate rematch?
                    How about Hernandez in his 17th fight?

Yeah, sure, Arum protected him.

Fact is Mayweather left Arum because he didn't want to take the tough fights Arum had in plan for him (Margarito, Cotto, Clottey), and wanted to pick and choose his opponents, which he went on to do to a cherry picker's glee.

You Arum-Pac haters are easily shot down, all you have to do is look at his fighters and their fight records. All Arum's popular fighters fought the best of the best in their divisions.

Mayweather on the other hand fought everyone but the best since leaving Arum, and the best he did fight he made sure they were coming off long layoffs and in their mid-late 30s. He's doing the same for Pac waiting till he slows down.
                    Last edited by Fighting Pride; 09-07-2011, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ea$y Money View Post
                      So answer the question instead of beating around the bush,

did Bob protect Floyd for over half of his career by getting him easy fights with all of the advantages?

A simple "yes", or "no" will do.
                      are you slow?

Comment

Working...
                      X