Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Sopranos or Oz - which was the better show.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tim Horton View Post
    My all-time top two (Criminal Minds being the third).

Which do you think was greater?
    Both shows had their respective ups and downs. If I had to go with one it would have to be OZ for character development; you never knew which way a character would go, where as the Sopranos where fairly predictable.

Comment

Originally posted by Willie Swindler View Post
      its really about what goes on in any big american city, but the central story is the police vs the drug trade. But it delves into more than just the cops & robbers story. It goes deep into the inner workings of the police department, the city council, mayor's office, the school system, the drug war, & the inner city.

its arguably the greatest show ever made. that's not a exaggeration.
      I always remember seeing like a payphone scene and with a name like the wire I was wondering is the phone tapped type story? or is it just people talking on the phone.....now I understand I'll try to find it and download the first 2 episodes to judge and see if I'll watch it after that.

Comment

The sopranos for me it was brilliant.. could have been so much better had his mum on the show not died in RL imo

Comment

Oz is possible my favorite show ever. I could never really get into the Sopranos.

Comment

I love both shows but Sopranos gets the nod for me but it's close.

Comment

Originally posted by RunW/Knives View Post
              Ryan/Cyril O reilly, Schillinger, Keller, Beecher, Adibisee everyone was greater than Tony Soprano and that's just a fact.

Sopranos was pure trash compared.
              Oz got kind of ******ed in the last couple seasons. I still love the show but it got pretty unrealistic toward the end.

Comment

Oz but only because of all the rapes, that was the deciding factor for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                  Oz but only because of all the rapes, that was the deciding factor for me.
                  My favorite revenge scene is in the first season when Beecher finally snaps and hits Schillinger in the head with the weight, puts the bench over his neck and takes a shit right in his mouth. First time I saw that I was like holy fuck! After all the shit Schillinger did to Beecher and all that he put him through, it was so satisfying to see that happen.

Comment

Originally posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
                    My favorite revenge scene is in the first season when Beecher finally snaps and hits Schillinger in the head with the weight, puts the bench over his neck and takes a shit right in his mouth. First time I saw that I was like holy fuck! After all the shit Schillinger did to Beecher and all that he put him through, it was so satisfying to see that happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                      Is that not epic? When you start watching the show you feel bad for Beecher and then he snaps like a madman and gets his revenge. So satisfying. This was only the beginning of what those two end up doing to each other....

Comment

Working...
                      X