Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

so, no post on the baseball's future GOAT?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so, no post on the baseball's future GOAT?

all hyperbole aside, 7 IN, 4 H, 2 ER, 14 K in his major league debut for Stephen Strasburg.

i know its only the pirates, but **** that's an impressive way to start a career considering all the hype he's gotten.

Originally posted by ALPHAΩMEGA View Post
    all hyperbole aside, 7 IN, 4 H, 2 ER, 14 K in his major league debut for Stephen Strasburg.

i know its only the pirates, but **** that's an impressive way to start a career considering all the hype he's gotten.
    The kid was very impressive,and to top that off they picked up Bryce Harper in the draft that kid will be a superstar one day.

Comment

Great debut, but come on - batters have never seen him before, he's a power pitcher, and it was against this Pirates, so this isn't that crazy. I believe Randy Johnson was averaging 15Ks in his prime.

Comment

i sounded like a total noobie to baseball with the title.

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
          The kid was very impressive,and to top that off they picked up Bryce Harper in the draft that kid will be a superstar one day.
          that kid is kinda ridiculous. his power numbers are absurd. i wonder how long it'll take him to get to the majors?
          Last edited by AntonTheMeh; 06-09-2010, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ALPHAΩMEGA View Post
            that kid is kinda ridiculous. his power numbers are absurd. i wonder how long it'll take him to get to the majors?
            He is from my town so one day i went and saw one of csns games kid is good.
            at 5.06

Comment

his coaches said they measured one that went 570 and the kid is 17 fcking insane.

Comment

Yeah that was pretty impressive, but all the hype is getting annoying. Yeah besidies Ubaldo Jiminez he probably has the sickest stuff in the majors already, but they are already talking about him being a HOFamer, and the best of all time. Damn let the kid have a chance first. From the way they are talking they might as well just give him the cy young.

Remember Kerry Wood in his 5th start ever struck out 20 and then had some good years and fizzled out. Mark Prior was the next greatest and then injuries derailed him. It's way too early to predict what Strasburg is gonna do.

Comment

Pitcher is one of the only positions in all of sports where you can have 1 or 2 good years then completely go to ****.

Dontrelle willis and Zack Greinke for example.

Comment

Originally posted by Chicharito View Post
                    Pitcher is one of the only positions in all of sports where you can have 1 or 2 good years then completely go to ****.

Dontrelle willis and Zack Greinke for example.
                    Yeah last year he won the Cy Young award and this year he's 1-6 with 4.19 ERA that's crazy. Pitchers have on and off years. He'll probably come back strong next year. Also, being in the Royals does not help. If he was in a team that give him more run support like Yankees, Red Sox, Rays, Cardinals, Phillies etc. He can easily finish top 5 every year.

Comment

Working...
                    X