No announcement yet.

I miss Floyd Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ELPacman View Post
    5 years after he earned that claim. Pac was a shell of himself. A younger Pac would of thrashed Jr. and he knew it, thus the reason to let Pac get old and slow.

I've watched plenty of Pac fights to know that wasn't the Pac we saw go on a tear pre-2012.
    But people were saying Bradly is the best Welterweight after his wins over Vargas and Rios. And Pacquiao just washed him. Was a younger Pac taller? Bigger? Had a longer reach? That fight would've played out the same way no matter when it was held.

Comment

And yet..

Video don't lie

"Why Floyd lost"

Comment

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
        Floyd was also shot when they fought. He's had a record of hand injuries and his reflexes have been slowing down. Yes Pacquiao had slowed but so has Floyd and Floyd still won.

Five years ago Floyd would have also been better which means Manny would have still lost.
        Wrong on that. When you have 2 fighters get old, 1 based on offense, the other based on defense even in his prime, the defensive usually beats the offensive fighter that got old.

To be a great offensive fighter requires prime year abilities. Strength, stamina, speed, and HUNGER, a lot of which was missing in old Pac but made him a beast when he was younger.

Jr. fought the same as he always has because an off beat Pac, while still difficult for inexperienced fighters, isn't as difficult to deal with these days.

Honestly, I didn't think Pac looked good in his 3rd Bradley fight. Bradley just looked old also. Pac hasn't been the same since post Margarito fights. I think Margarito fight took a lot out of him but more importantly, he just got old, lol

Comment

Originally posted by ELPacman View Post
          Wrong on that. When you have 2 fighters get old, 1 based on offense, the other based on defense even in his prime, the defensive usually beats the offensive fighter that got old.

To be a great offensive fighter requires prime year abilities. Strength, stamina, speed, and HUNGER, a lot of which was missing in old Pac but made him a beast when he was younger.

Jr. fought the same as he always has because an off beat Pac, while still difficult for inexperienced fighters, isn't as difficult to deal with these days.

Honestly, I didn't think Pac looked good in his 3rd Bradley fight. Bradley just looked old also. Pac hasn't been the same since post Margarito fights. I think Margarito fight took a lot out of him but more importantly, he just got old, lol
          If you can't tell that Floyd was shot, I don't know what to tell you. Freddie Roach has been saying for years that Mayweather was slowing down. He thought Floyd was slowing down before Manny was. He even said in an interview right before the fight that he thought Manny had a better chance of beating Floyd in 2015 than he did in 2010 because Mayweather was sharper before. He said Floyd's defense was tighter and his reflexes were quicker.

I don't care how defensive you are, time will still catch up with you. Pernell Whitaker was over the hill by the time he was in his early 30s. Yet a knock out drag out fighter like Evander Holyfield was able to fight until his 40s There are a lot of things that can account for a fighter slowing down.

Both guys were shot when they fought.

Comment

It's funny that the guys who do the most bugging of Pac fans for not moving on are the ones that turn around and make Floyd Mayweather threads. This thread reeks.

Comment

Working...
            X