No announcement yet.

Garcia vs the machine.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garcia vs the machine.

Did that fight take more out of him then thought. Did it ruin his eye ala Leonard or has he just reached his potential ?

People are thinking too deep into this, Matthysse fought a horrible fight from a technical standpoint, all there is to it. Find a new trainer and learn, it's not impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
      People are thinking too deep into this, Matthysse fought a horrible fight from a technical standpoint, all there is to it. Find a new trainer and learn, it's not impossible.
      He can add some new elements to his game but he's gonna be set in his ways unless he can find someone to refine his current skill set. Which most trainers can't do and only wanna input there own style teaching into the fighter. I'm not thinking to deep into this it's just a thought. I do think his eye was messed up though. And has now become a recurring injury. And it seems his punch resistance has dropped some.

Comment

Originally posted by MRBOOMER View Post
        He can add some new elements to his game but he's gonna be set in his ways unless he can find someone to refine his current skill set. Which most trainers can't do and only wanna input there own style teaching into the fighter. I'm not thinking to deep into this it's just a thought. I do think his eye was messed up though. And has now become a recurring injury. And it seems his punch resistance has dropped some.
        It's hard to say if he's regressed as a fighter, I think he was never as good as he was made out to be personally. That, and the fact that Postol presented an entirely different puzzle than he's ever seen, it's bad enough the size he had to deal with but the style as well.

Matthysse fought a very dumb fight. Getting low, allowing Postol to put his weight on him, coming in wide only to get smothered, rabbit punching as opposed to applying work to the body, I don't see what Garcia has to do with that

Again, that's more Matthysse fighting a dumb fight.

Comment

It's hard to say if he's regressed as a fighter, I think he was never as good as he was made out to be personally. That, and the fact that Postol presented an entirely different puzzle than he's ever seen, it's bad enough the size he had to deal with but the style as well.

Matthysse fought a very dumb fight. Getting low, allowing Postol to put his weight on him, coming in wide only to get smothered, rabbit punching as opposed to applying work to the body, I don't see what Garcia has to do with that

Again, that's more Matthysse fighting a dumb fight.
          Garcia had nothing to do with how he fought I'm talking about his physical ability and that its seeming to diminish with each fight.
          But I agree Lucas always leaves more to be desired and gets more hype then he should.

Comment

Looking back over his record I think there is a good chance the Garcia fight hurt him. He had never been down before and his best fights were before Garcia. He had more trouble with both Ruslan and Martinez than I thought he would and now this Postol defeat. He is also at the age when many boxers start to go down hill.

Comment

I don't think Garcia would do much better than Lucas against Postol.

Garcia won't quit but will get out boxed

but before the KO I had Postol up comfortably. Lucas faded bad around 7/8 and Postol was really coming on.

Gavin McMillan has these guys in great shape

Comment

the headline is he quit...he didnt lose on points or get kod, he refused to fight on. End of. He can't adjust that.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                  I don't think Garcia would do much better than Lucas against Postol.

Garcia won't quit but will get out boxed

but before the KO I had Postol up comfortably. Lucas faded bad around 7/8 and Postol was really coming on.

Gavin McMillan has these guys in great shape
                  Idk I think Garcia has more variety to his Arsenal. He struggles with boxers that much is sure but idk Lucas has always seemed so limited to me when he gets inside he smothers his work his shots never have any snap on them and he plods around looking for that big shot.

Comment

To me he's Argentina's version of Randall Bailey lol.

Comment

Working...
                    X