No announcement yet.

Looking for some new books to read

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

filipino authors are actually good....

rizal without the overcoat by ambeth ocampo is a good portrayal of philippne hero rizal's less serious side of life... the book made me admire the guy even more...

the radiant void by karl de mesa which is a reportage about pinoy pop culture with coverage of bands like wolfgang, slapshock, and agaw agimat...

if you aren't that interested with pinoy authors, may i recommend the perfect theory by pedro ferreira? it is about the genesis, development, and possible future of what many call the most beautiful theory in all of science, the general theory of relativity... it astonishes me that after achieving the "miracle year" of 1905, that guy einstein would come up with something more significant than what he had done in 1905 10 years later... what a guy!

Comment

Originally posted by talip bin osman View Post
      filipino authors are actually good....

rizal without the overcoat by ambeth ocampo is a good portrayal of philippne hero rizal's less serious side of life... the book made me admire the guy even more...

the radiant void by karl de mesa which is a reportage about pinoy pop culture with coverage of bands like wolfgang, slapshock, and agaw agimat...

if you aren't that interested with pinoy authors, may i recommend the perfect theory by pedro ferreira? it is about the genesis, development, and possible future of what many call the most beautiful theory in all of science, the general theory of relativity... it astonishes me that after achieving the "miracle year" of 1905, that guy einstein would come up with something more significant than what he had done in 1905 10 years later... what a guy!
      yeah i have read Rizal without overcoat, Ambeth Ocampo also tackles other heroes as well like Mabini, Bonifacio & Luna

he makes Philippine history interesting albeit it's waning status

Comment

Originally posted by MaD vEiN View Post
        yeah i have read Rizal without overcoat, Ambeth Ocampo also tackles other heroes as well like Mabini, Bonifacio & Luna

he makes Philippine history interesting albeit it's waning status
        oh, hi madvein...

thats right... ambeth knows his history...

im currently into pinoy authors nowadays (after all the gonzo stuff previously)...

im trying to look for lourd de veya's works but unable to... i heard he is good... i follow him on facebook by the way...

Comment

Originally posted by talip bin osman View Post
          oh, hi madvein...

thats right... ambeth knows his history...

im currently into pinoy authors nowadays (after all the gonzo stuff previously)...

im trying to look for lourd de veya's works but unable to... i heard he is good... i follow him on facebook by the way...
          Lourd is more like satirical or activist but in a funny way

im not aware he's into books now

Comment

Phillip K. Dick - The Man in the High Castle.

I just finished reading this, it's fantastic, from probably the best science fiction writer of all time. Premise of the story is a reimagined world where Nazi Germany/Imperial Japan have won World War II and the after effects of it. If you're into military history this sounds like something you'd love, it's not too long a read either.

Comment

The Gentleman Bastards series.

First book is The Lies of Locke Lamora, very fun and nicely written fantasy books. Even George RR Martin has praised it. Highly recommend.

http://www.amazon.com/Lies-Locke-Lam.../dp/055358894X

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                The Gentleman Bastards series.

First book is The Lies of Locke Lamora, very fun and nicely written fantasy books. Even George RR Martin has praised it. Highly recommend.

http://www.amazon.com/Lies-Locke-Lam.../dp/055358894X
                i've been recommending that one if you read my earlier posts

im currently on the 2nd book: Red Sun Under Red Skies

Comment

Another couple i've got on kindle .

Prison secrets
                  The LAPD's notorious cover up of Biggie's murder .

Black Watch
                  Liberating Europe and catching Himmler my extraordinary WW2 with the Highland division .

Papillion

Comment

Where's Waldo, it's a pretty challenging book.

Comment

Originally posted by CANELOLUJAH View Post

This is good stuff!...PEYOTEHHH!. I first thought it's about sex. it turn out it's about drugs, magic mushrooms!

Comment

Working...
                      X