No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Juan Manuel Marquez Eyes Erik Morales, Gesta For 7/14

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
    Hope he picks Gesta. Morales is 1980 Muhammad Ali past it.
    Morales went 24 rounds with garcia and maidana

who the fucc has gesta beaten????? Morales at least has a chance

Comment

Originally posted by Camp Beast View Post
      Calm down killer! What is so wrong with this fight? Yes, it would have been more epic years ago but Marquez was relatively unknown back then. People act as if Morales is a shot fighter. He took it to Maidana w/ one eye mind you. Beat up a young 21 yr old in Cano. Almost won the Garcia fight until he was knocked down in the 10th. Morales is still a solid fighter. Plus these two would make a entertaining fight stylistically. It will add to the whole Barrera/Pacquiao/Marquez history and it will do huge numbers in Texas.

Rios just got schooled in his last fight and didn't make fight for the second straight time. He doesn't deserve the fight. Judah wants too much money. Morales/Marquez is the fight to make right now.
      Morales is 1980 Ali past it. I'm sorry but I don't think he "almost won" against Garcia. Garcia won a clear cut UD, handily.

I'd rather see Rios than Gesta. Even though Rios got beaten by Abril, he still has better wins than Gesta has no doubt. He at least beat Acosta, Antillon, Murray, and Peterson, all Top 10 LW's at the time.

Judah did price himself out, why he did, I don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by Mars Volta View Post
        Morales went 24 rounds with garcia and maidana

who the fucc has gesta beaten????? Morales at least has a chance
        Neither have a shot in hell but that's beside the point.

I don't ever want to see Erik Morales fight again, never.

The only thing that will make me buy JMM-Gesta/Morales is if Rios-Alvarado is on the card. Got to support my CO fighter and that fight has FOTY written all over it.

Comment

Morales is a good fight. Gesta is a nobody in the grand scheme of JMM career.

Comment

Picked the worse two options of the four mentioned. At least him and Morales would rumble, Gesta gets schooled and stopped.

Comment

The only thing that will make me buy JMM-Gesta/Morales is if Rios-Alvarado is on the card. Got to support my CO fighter and that fight has FOTY written all over it.
              that's just plain stupid morales vs marquez would be a way better fight and two great fighters going at it

while gesta vs marquez would be a one sided beatdown of a 24 year old getting cashed out by his promoter

Comment

F **k you Marquez. Why??? This is beyond terrible.

Why not even Rios or Judah??? Those 2 by far would have been better then these two.
                Judah priced himself out of the fight.

Rios is a bum who lost his last fight.

Morales is shot and past prime. He has no stamina left.

Gesta is an average fighter at best. JMM would destroy him and beat him.

Comment

damm why so harsh on Erik? Danny Garcia's face was a mess. Look at the interviews of Ali before the Holmes fight, Erik is nowhere near that come on now.

Comment

Morales schools Marquez if they get it on..

Comment

Originally posted by Mars Volta View Post
                      that's just plain stupid morales vs marquez would be a way better fight and two great fighters going at it

while gesta vs marquez would be a one sided beatdown of a 24 year old getting cashed out by his promoter
                      Morales isn't great anymore, he's not even good anymore, he's not even decent anymore. Okay, maybe he's decent but barely.

Morales is 1980 Ali past it, he's DONE.

Gesta is a crap fight too, did you not read what I've been saying??? He's never beaten anyone.

At least Judah is a Top 10 JWW, would make it interesting for 3-4 rounds with his speed until JMM starts to school him, and at least Rios has beaten Acosta, Antillon, Peterson, and Murray, all Top 10 LW's at the time.

Morales hasn't had a good win since Manny Pacquiao in March 2005. And he hasn't had a good showing since putting up a valiant effeort against Maidana in April 2011.

He just doesn't need to fight anymore.

Comment

Working...
                      X