Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did you discover MMA?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Havnt really got into it tbh, want to watch a few decent figths to get into it.
    Which fights shud i watch?

Comment

my 9th grade pe teacher played us a replay of ufc 2.

Comment

Originally posted by JonoYoungP4P View Post
        So many great fights to mention. But personally, I been downloading a lot of old PRIDE fights lately. Hate to be vague, but I honestly don't know which fight to start with. Anything with Fedor, Noguiera, Cro Cop, Wanderlei, Rampage, Sakuraba, Shogun, etc.

There's a thread with favorite knockouts:

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=432063

And a thread with favorite UFC events:

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh....php?p=9449636

Comment

any lesnar fight. silva usually has good fights. but sonnen silva was a snoozer.

bonner-forrest griffin was a good one. an all out war

Comment

Originally posted by blaze778 View Post
            So many great fights to mention. But personally, I been downloading a lot of old PRIDE fights lately. Hate to be vague, but I honestly don't know which fight to start with. Anything with Fedor, Noguiera, Cro Cop, Wanderlei, Rampage, Sakuraba, Shogun, etc.

There's a thread with favorite knockouts:

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=432063

And a thread with favorite UFC events:

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh....php?p=9449636
            Originally posted by Gorilla Dogs View Post
            any lesnar fight. silva usually has good fights. but sonnen silva was a snoozer.

bonner-forrest griffin was a good one. an all out war
            Thanks alot guys,ill download some fights n watch them.

Comment

Check out Shogun v. Lil Nog

Comment

Sad as it might sound...through a video game. Never really had an interest in the sport beforehand but ended up getting more of into it+certain fighters and went from there.

It helps that there's so much out there to see. I've been a boxing fan for 15+ years and have seen almost all of the great old fights that I want to see. With MMA there are still a lot left to watch, so if I'm bored with nothing to watch then I stick on an old PRIDE or UFC event.

I think that the first 10 of so UFC events are a good place to start. Although MMA existed before that, you get to see the sport evolve pretty quickly. The styles face off against each other and you see which ones work and which don't, and the strengths and weaknesses of each.

I also think that the tournament format helps. For example let's say you know nothing about MMA or any fighters. You therefore have little interest in anyone in particular, and even if someone impresses you, they won't be in the cage for months so it's hard to maintain an interest. Whereas with the tournaments, you see one guy destroy someone, then you see another guy destroy someone, and it's gets you very interested in the rest of the event because you know they'll be facing each other in 15 minutes time.

Or at least that's how it was for me lol.

There's a sticky at the top of this section full of DL links btw, you can search the thread for a particular name if you have any favourite fighters yet.
                Last edited by Clegg; 10-25-2010, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
                  Sad as it might sound...through a video game. Never really had an interest in the sport beforehand but ended up getting more of into it+certain fighters and went from there.

It helps that there's so much out there to see. I've been a boxing fan for 15+ years and have seen almost all of the great old fights that I want to see. With MMA there are still a lot left to watch, so if I'm bored with nothing to watch then I stick on an old PRIDE or UFC event.

I think that the first 10 of so UFC events are a good place to start. Although MMA existed before that, you get to see the sport evolve pretty quickly. The styles face off against each other and you see which ones work and which don't, and the strengths and weaknesses of each.

I also think that the tournament format helps. For example let's say you know nothing about MMA or any fighters. You therefore have little interest in anyone in particular, and even if someone impresses you, they won't be in the cage for months so it's hard to maintain an interest. Whereas with the tournaments, you see one guy destroy someone, then you see another guy destroy someone, and it's gets you very interested in the rest of the event because you know they'll be facing each other in 15 minutes time.

Or at least that's how it was for me lol.

There's a sticky at the top of this section full of DL links btw, you can search the thread for a particular name if you have any favourite fighters yet.
                  Thanks alot man.

Comment

Pre UFC Cro Cop !

Comment

My uncle had one of the early UFCs playing on his TV. Marco Ruas was fighting and I remember thinking he was the toughest man in the planet while watching it.

Comment

Working...
                      X