Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just finished watch Abraham Vs Dirrell and here's my take on it.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just finished watch Abraham Vs Dirrell and here's my take on it.

Just finished watch the arthur abraham/andre dirrell fight and here is my opinion:

Firstly why did abraham come in first and Dirrell last? I would have thought Dirrell would come in first, I also notice that Dirrell got introduce first while AA got introduce last. I would have thought if you come in first then you should be introduce first and if you come in last you get introduced last.

I also notice alot of people in Dirrell's corner like 8 people while AA had the normal 2 or 3 people in the ring with him like his trainer,cutman and assistant trainer. They(Showtime) need to make sure no one apart from the trainers,cutman and assitant trainer are in the ring with the fighters prior to the first bell.

Anyway here is my scorecard/commentary/analysis..

Round one: Jab jab jab,bodyshots by Dirrell, occasional flick left from AA, Jab and left from AD, combos from AD some that didnt land at all because AA's guards are up, Some bodyshot landed for AD.

Dirrell 10-9

Round two: AA seem to throw more in this round, starting to let his right hand go a bit more, But AD is still boxing pretty well with the double right hand jab that gets block but the left that follows goes through AA's guards, am really impress with AD in the last 2 mins the round he really went to the body and landing good shots, right now i feel like am watching a different dirrell to the one i saw running in the Froch fight.

Dirrell 10-9

Round three: Just saw Dirrell's mum (She looks too young to be his mum).... Back to the fight(Sorry).

Good start by both fighters but then its back to the samething for AA and AD, AA covering up and landing the occassional right hand, While AD is looking busy by throwing a lot even though he isnt landing a lot, towards the end of the round AA open up a bit and land a big right hand but AD came back with quick but light combos that push AA back, AA needs to up the pace and throw more or he would be seen to be doing a "Clottey"

Dirrell 10-9

Round four: AA started well, letting his hands go a bit more especially the left jab seem to be landing on AD and bothering him, But AD cameback with triple right hand jabs and a left, AD moving a lot more than the first three rounds now, AD trying to land by just hitting gloves, He just trying to push AA back so he could open up and land more but the referee warns him on it(Referee was right), both feinting and trying or pretending to throw now, AD throws some decent combos some land some didnt, AD trying to wrestle AA now, AA seem to be looking frustrated for some reason....referee came in...........resumes, AA is showing frustration trying to chase AD..left himself wide open DOWN..cant believe the KING is DOWN, gets up doesnt seem hurt, referee does his job fight resumes..Well i take that back i think AA was hurt there, AD try to bumrush AA and AA seem to be shaky to me.

Dirrell 10-8

Round five: Now we have a fight, a sneaky right hand by AA lands and i think AD might have been stun'ed there but he played it off, a lot of left jab by AD then a right cross which made AA back off to the ropes, Now both fighters watching each other..AA covers up in the corner while AD throws leather left right..not alot is landing though but he looks busy to the viewing eye.. out of the corner now AA is trying to land his big right hand..trying to enforce his will but AD isnt having it and throws back at the head(Blocked) and body(Land).. AD tries to use the elbow to push AA referr jumps in..story of the fight for me is AD is throwing a lot but he's landing a lot of his punches and those punches are too light to do a lot of damages, AA isnt throwing a lot but when he does its powershots and when he lands it looks big but he isnt doing enough to win any rounds..

Dirrell 10-9

Round six: Resumes AD land a blow that AA seem to think was low, Having watch that twice that was a legal punch, referee calls a time out..........we back now AD is moving a lot like he did in the Froch fight, thats the AD that i know lol..Now AA is consistent with his right hand but everytime he he tries to throw his left he lunges forward which makes it easy for AD to counter him with the right hand, AA is complaining a lot about low blows but i wouldnt call this punches low blow at all (He needs to give cotto a call about low blows).. Okay AA is getting confused here, I have to say i have never seen AA like this before..End of round 6 and i would have to be generous or be one of AA's relative to score a single round to him..

Dirrell 10-9.

INTERVAL..

Back........

Round seven: Here we go a slip by AD at the beginning of the round, okay just saw one of the judges(Jorg Lubrich) actually score a round for AA in those six rounds and am curious which round he scored for AA because i dont see how anyone could score a round to AA yet, Back to the fight..this is getting repetitive now, same old things from both fighters, a slip in the mid-rounds and a KD that isnt a KD and rightly so by the referee, AA is bloody at the end of the round and he needs to either up the pace and stalk AD to the roles...another round to AD

Dirrell 10-9

Round eight: Has AA ever fought a mover/quick combo before?? i found myself asking? Anyway back to the fight..AA is trying to stalk AD but with his gloves on his face which is silly to me, AD is firing his quick,light but effective combos while on the move..I thought AD was a light hitter but he seem to have cut AA with those "light" punches, AA finally caught AD on the ropes and letting his hands go..a lot of flurries, AD is trying to weave and make AA miss..AA is missing a lot of it but lands one or two decent ones..why did the referee call a stop???? WTF..1:19 seconds left of round 8.. we back in the middle of the ring a big straight left by AD with 57 secs to go..AD trying to dance..moving, doesnt want to engage, AA trying to stalk..Finally AA won a round on my card, Next round should be interesting because AA seem to have the momentum swinging his way now..

Abraham 10-9

Round nine: AD is back to doing what he does best which is throwing combos at the head (Blocked) then body (lands), everytime they're in the middle of the ring AD alway takes it with combos to the head and body while AA covers up but when backed into the ropes AA unloads his power shots especially the right hand..AD winning the round for me...ref calls time out at 1.21 left to have AA's cut examined...Doctor trying to stem the blood flow so we can continue..we back and AD is throwing combos again....Am shocked sooo far with the way AD has performed...Why did AA turn his back!!! AD chasing AA to the ropes and trying to land, AA try to fake a low blow? ref looks too far away to see but fight continues..AA starting to realise that he isnt in germany now and he isnt going to get any favours here..upping the pace..trying to stalk AD but he isnt cutting off the ring well...BIG right by AA but AD took it and moved..another round to andre Dirrell.......Has Abraham ever fought a fighter with a lot of movement before??? I shocked at his performance here..

Dirrell 10-9

Round Ten: Both fighter started where they left off, AD throwing combos including a low-blow that wasnt seen, i thought AA was coming on but he just seem to be the same fighter in the first round..doing the same thing over and over again while getting outbox, and so far at 2.24 of the 10th round Dirrell doesnt look gas or tired to me, slip..duck low by AD...slipping more frequently now, nice combo land to the face of AA who looks very open now, AD beginning to jog or run now with 1.43sec left of the round, one thing though everytime AA land he lands big and makes AD look tired.......DOWN..AD goes down from a nice right from AA but the ref rules it a slip (BIG DECISION HERE)...AA swarm AD straight away sensing AD might have been hurt or stun'ed and AD looked tired/gas to me with :56secs left...AA finally woke up definitely AA's round, he went to AD's body everytime he gets him on the ropes..should be a 10-8 round for AA and am scoring it that way...AA is coming on strong too strong and AD seem like he's fading..

Abraham 10-8..

Round Eleven: Here we go this should be interesting..AD back to the right jab early in this round, AA not jumping on AD like i thought he would..AD starting to move side to side, cagey cagey...AD just slipped and AA land straight right hand, the punch doesnt look bad from the angle that i view it..but AD has got down on his back..doctor in the ring...now they're showing the Dirrell entourage who looked outrage and wanting to come unto the ring..

At this point i had to turn on the sound to listen to the dialogue, And i could hear the referee saying AA is been disqualified.

I need to see a replay of what happen, To me AD looks okay, he doesnt look KO to me. but the doctors are still helping him, okay just seen the replay and terrible foul committed by AA but AD sold the rest from there, I dont think AD is KO like he wants us to believe but i dont blame him for overplaying it...if AA didnt hit AD when he was down then AD wouldnt have had any chance to fake or overplay anything.....but AD overplayed it lol...Am glad he's okay though.

97-92 in favour of Dirrell.
    Last edited by Ray*; 03-31-2010, 11:23 AM.

Yeah it seems to me like he overplayed it to, but I am not sure, thus I won't comment on it much.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
      Just finished watch the arthur abraham/andre dirrell fight and here is my opinion:

Firstly why did abraham come in first and Dirrell last? I would have thought Dirrell would come in first, I also notice that Dirrell got introduce first while AA got introduce last. I would have thought if you come in first then you should be introduce first and if you come in last you get introduced last.

I also notice alot of people in Dirrell's corner like 8 people while AA had the normal 2 or 3 people in the ring with him like his trainer,cutman and assistant trainer. They(Showtime) need to make sure no one apart from the trainers,cutman and assitant trainer are in the ring with the fighters prior to the first bell..
      I thought the order they came to ring only applied when 1 of them was the defending champion. I didn't think Abraham was a SMW belt holder, was he? Wasn't that his 2nd fight at SMW?

Comment

Yeah I had my doubts too, the reaction seemed far too delayed to me but in any event I loved the way Dirrell boxed and thought he won the fight by a mile.

As you say dude EVEN IF Dirrell over did the effects of that shot (Im not saying for definate he did just saying what I saw) the simple fact is it was a blatant dirty foul and Abraham was rightly DQ'd in my opinion.

Comment

The KD of Abraham in round 7 was clearly a knockdown as well...

Comment

^^^ yep that was a CLEAR knockdown

Comment

I didn't think the KD of AA in the 7th round was a KD, it was a push to me.

Comment

it seemed like a clear knock down to me.. AA got caught with a check hook and went falling into the ropes and would of fell if the ropes hadn't been there..

AA is a ***** regardless

Comment

How was it a push? AA was coming in, and Dirrel threw a wild left hook coming out of the corner that cuffed AA and pushed him threw the ropes.

If it's a punch that "pushes" you down, it's still a KD. Abraham's own momentum made him go down, but regardless, he went down.

Comment

Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
                    How was it a push? AA was coming in, and Dirrel threw a wild left hook coming out of the corner that cuffed AA and pushed him threw the ropes.

If it's a punch that "pushes" you down, it's still a KD. Abraham's own momentum made him go down, but regardless, he went down.
                    its not a kd becuz dirrell cuffed him with his wrist and pulled him into the ropes

Comment

Working...
                    X