Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Better representative of the pfp#1 title. Floyd or Pac?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better representative of the pfp#1 title. Floyd or Pac?

When i say better representative, im talking about who's making the bigger fights (that the fans actually want to see), who's looking for the bigger challenges, who's looking to prove themselves as the actual pfp best in the sport.

Vote and discuss.
    Floyd
    26.53%
    Pac
    73.47%

Actually a good question...... Competition wise I would say Pacquiao since he has backed down from no one. Mayweather had the style and swaggerthough, in that once he got going he made it look effortless in the ring, and thats the sort of style I think of when I think P4P.

So for me its a dead heat.

Comment

pacman and floyd are night and day..both are good for the sport..floyd got the street cats and casual fans interested in boxing while pacman gets the overseas nations involved..you cant truley hate either..pacman in a gentleman and respectful..while floyd has mad swagger and makes you hate him..but to hate you must pay attention so!!!!both fighters rake in the cash

Comment

Originally posted by deevel79 View Post
        When i say better representative, im talking about who's making the bigger fights (that the fans actually want to see), who's looking for the bigger challenges, who's looking to prove themselves as the actual pfp best in the sport.

Vote and discuss.
        pacquiao.

sasakul was #1 at 112 when pac beat him.

ledwaba was #1 or #2 at 122 when pac beat him.

barrera and marquez was #1 and #2 at 126 when he fought them.

morales was #2 at 130 when he fought him.

diaz was #3 at 135 when he beat him.

marquez , barrera and morales were all ranked top 10 p4p when he fought them.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
          pacquiao.

sasakul was #1 at 112 when pac beat him.

ledwaba was #1 or #2 at 122 when pac beat him.

barrera and marquez was #1 and #2 at 126 when he fought them.

morales was #2 at 130 when he fought him.

diaz was #3 at 135 when he beat him.

marquez , barrera and morales were all ranked top 10 p4p when he fought them.
          didnt floyd fight #1's all the way to 154 tua????both fighters earned their titles..you cant knock either 1

Comment

Floyd hands down. Pacman hasn't been P4P best for long, some question if he even is. I haven't seen Pacman fight prime legit champ except for JMM. He chose david diaz for 135 when Nate Campbell is the man. He ahd unfinished business at 130, Guzman for example. But he is stepping it up by taking on 1 of the top dogs of the JR WW division in Hatton. If he gets [past hatton, then we'll see how he really reps P4P and maybe he could succeed Floyd by fighting Tim Bradly or Nate Campbell.

Comment

Originally posted by larryx View Post
              didnt floyd fight #1's all the way to 154 tua????both fighters earned their titles..you cant knock either 1
              floyd fought genaro , diego , castillo who were #1 or #2 at 130 and 135.

gatti was not #1 at 140.

baldomir was the lineal champ at 147 but i wouldn't say he was #1.

Comment

Pac is more exciting, but Floyd is a complete fighter and what boxing is all about (hit and not get hit)

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                  floyd fought genaro , diego , castillo who were #1 or #2 at 130 and 135.

gatti was not #1 at 140.

baldomir was the lineal champ at 147 but i wouldn't say he was #1.
                  lineal champ is #1 in the division..and gatti was ranked#1 at 140..and oscar was #1 at 154..credit is due for both

Comment

Originally posted by cortdawg25 View Post
                    Floyd hands down. Pacman hasn't been P4P best for long, some question if he even is. I haven't seen Pacman fight prime legit champ except for JMM. He chose david diaz for 135 when Nate Campbell is the man. He ahd unfinished business at 130, Guzman for example. But he is stepping it up by taking on 1 of the top dogs of the JR WW division in Hatton. If he gets [past hatton, then we'll see how he really reps P4P and maybe he could succeed Floyd by fighting Tim Bradly or Nate Campbell.
                    david diaz is younger than campbell. nate now is like 6-7 years older than barrera , marquez and morales when pac fought them.

besides......i think manny would have fought juan diaz if juan had won(mexican vs. pacquiao always sells) but juan lost. maybe pacquiao would have fought another 135 champ (casa when he had it , marquez after he took casa's belt or nate for the other belts) but oscar needed an opponent and no one turns down $15 mil. to fight oscar. i don't even fault floyd for doing that and i'm a floyd hater.
                    Last edited by Left Hook Tua; 01-06-2009, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X