Did Floyd expose how limited Canelo is?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unseen View Post
    TBH after Trout, I knew.

Canelo hitting the ropes personified how **** he is. Remember, he has faced some small guys and got easy fights too. His footwork is terrible.
    Terrible compared to Floyd & Lara but he's not half bad. Still a bit of a plodder but he's improving.

Comment

Not really. Floyd showed Canelo can't outhink and outbox someone who is clearly superior than he is in those areas. His only success was when he bully Floyd to the ropes and let off combos. Anytime he started boxing he started losing. Canelo beats almost anyone in or around his weight and he is afraid of no man.

Comment

Yup, just like he did with 98% of his opponents.

Comment

NO. It exposed how young/inexperienced Canelo was. If anything, Canelo was too inexperienced at that stage of his career to beat Jr. I expected Jr. to take the fight based on the fact that Canelo was too green for him and hadn't faced enough styles to cope with a defense minded first fighter.

Comment

Someone needs to change their tampon. The irony of TS user name.

Comment

Green and weight drained. His lips were white and he could barely make it to the stage at the weigh in, and when he got there, he could barely stand.

Even then, he still put up a decent fight... More than anything, I think his corner was over its head.

Comment

Originally posted by StopCrying... View Post
                It's a painful fight to watch. Floyd toyed with Canelo worse than he toyed with Marquez. Are these guys just limited?
                Floyd put Saul "Canelo" Alvarez into the brightest light possible, showing his truth.

Alvarez is a boxer-puncher, with good pop but a guy who generally just wears a guy down, with the out-of-the-ring charisma to launch into a real star.

He's not Julio Cesar Chavez, and he honestly never will be; it's just not in his DNA.

Floyd made that absolutely clear.

Comment

A mixture of reasons not fully down to being 'limited'.

1.He was green considering he hadn't fought a fighter of floyd's caliber. If he would have fought trout, Angulo, Lara then floyd I think it would have been a much closer bout.

2. The style match up was always going to be an up hill climb for him even if he was more refined. Canelo doesn't move enough, he needed to be more aggressive.

3. The most obvious one, Floyd is a Master Boxer he is in the upper echelons of boxing. Canelo is good, possibly great if he matched properly. But I don't think he is with the ATG's. Cause people seem to forget he lost to floyd Mayweather there is no chip on Canelo's shoulder after that fight, even though he did get taught a boxing lesson.

Comment

Originally posted by StudentOfDaGame View Post
                    Canelo smashes anybody else apart from GGG. Oscars cash cow is going to get milked to death so even though Saul fights anybody and everybody expect him to be carefully matched against future opponents.

Going into the Floyd fight I thought Saul was a bit green but I think that fight showed how great Floyd really is rather than showcasing any limits canelo had. It was like a matador and his bull, he had everything under control.
                    Golovkin is a far easier fight for Alvarez than Demetrius Andrade, or really any guys who's going to force him to really box.

Golovkin is going to be right in front of Alvarez, with his leaky defense giving Canelo the opportunity to rattle off those 5 and 6 punch combos, before stepping to the side. Mexican Style.

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
                      even know canelo was green and drained he didnt ducked floyd, cant say the same from the guy on your avatar...
                      beaing "exposed" by floyd isnt the same as being "exposed" by herrera...
                      Are you suggesting that Floyd V Canelo was as close a fight as Garcia V Hererra?

Ahahahahahaha!

Danny landed MORE power shots while Hererra was Jab happy. Hardly the blowout that Floyd put on Canelo.

Comment

Working...
                      X