Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How well would Canelo vs Cotto sell if...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Won't happen because of haymon...I'd rather see Lomenchenko/Rigondeaux on the undercard. That fight could probably be made if Rigo jumps up a few lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchAndShoot View Post
      I got Canelo by ass whooping.
      I got Canelo by annihilation in 3 or less.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
        Won't happen because of haymon...I'd rather see Lomenchenko/Rigondeaux on the undercard. That fight could probably be made if Rigo jumps up a few lbs.
        Not going to happen, at least not in this lifetime. Rigo won't move up, plus if he does he would give up way too many advantages, especially if his opponent is not only bigger in size but has the skills and ability to trouble him. Rigo is amazing but Loma is no slouch. He would have size over Rigo and skills to be competitive, not a good night out for the smaller man.

Plus Rigo is in limbo as we speak and Loma is with Top Rank. I doubt Arum wants anything to do with Rigo and Caribe Promotions. If you can't see Canelo vs Cotto bagging up LSC vs Mares because of Haymon, then I assure you Rigo vs Loma will not happen in our lifetime because of Arum.

Comment

Adding mares vs Santa Cruz wouldn't do anything..

Canelo already brings the Mexican fanbase, mares and Santa Cruz would bring nothing..

You would need a guy like khan, brook, pascal, etc guys from non Hispanic countries to have an affect on the viewership

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
            Adding mares vs Santa Cruz wouldn't do anything..

Canelo already brings the Mexican fanbase, mares and Santa Cruz would bring nothing..

You would need a guy like khan, brook, pascal, etc guys from non Hispanic countries to have an affect on the viewership

So lets say May 5th rolls around and it's official, Mayweather's PPV is going head to head against Canelo's, a fight of this magnitude (Mares vs LSC) wouldn't make a difference or pull the Mexican fans whom were showing interest in the Floyd card towards Canelo's PPV attraction?

I assure you there are Mexican fans out there that have little to no interest in a Canelo fight. However, Mares vs LSC can be the fight to finish steering the rest of the Mexican audience whom dislike Canelo himself into buying the event. Also, Mayweather cards have been quite lacklustre as of late.. wouldn't fans have second doubts on which card to purchase if they saw two promising fights on the Canelo PPV?

Comment

Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post
              So lets say May 5th rolls around and it's official, Mayweather's PPV is going head to head against Canelo's, a fight of this magnitude (Mares vs LSC) wouldn't make a difference or pull the Mexican fans whom were showing interest in the Floyd card towards Canelo's PPV attraction?

I assure you there are Mexican fans out there that have little to no interest in a Canelo fight. However, Mares vs LSC can be the fight to finish steering the rest of the Mexican audience whom dislike Canelo himself into buying the event. Also, Mayweather cards have been quite lacklustre as of late.. wouldn't fans have second doubts on which card to purchase if they saw two promising fights on the Canelo PPV?
              That's the issue. While both Canelo and Cotto are known boxing names, they aren't mega stars in a sense that they don't have huge followings among casuals. So yes they will get draws from their respective ethnic groups. But they won't be able to win over that casual, world level support that guys like Floyd and ODLh have. And Santa Cruz and Mares are nowhere near big enough to make that happen.

Comment

Working...
              X