Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When did Lennox Lewis win the world Title?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When did Lennox Lewis win the world Title?

The Man that beat The Man....is how the world title is won. When did Lennox Lewis win the world title?

When he beat Briggs who beat Foreman who beat Moorer who beat Holyfield who beat Bowe who beat Holyfield who beat Douglas who beat Tyson etc...

Comment

Yep. In fact that's one of the longest, if not the longest heavyweight title lineages, which started with Marciano's retirement as champion and ended with Lewis' retirement, which went:

Patterson
      Johansson
      Patterson
      Liston
      Clay (later Ali after beating Liston in the first fight)
      Frazier
      Foreman
      Ali
      Leon Spinks
      Ali
      Holmes
      Michael Spinks
      Mike Tyson
      Buster Douglas
      Holyfield
      Bowe
      Holyfield
      Moorer
      Foreman
      Briggs
      Lennox Lewis
      Rahman
      Lewis (Lewis retires as champion)

Since then, it's been all Klitschkos, first Vitali had the Ring title belt, now Wlad has it and is only missing the WBC belt to be undisputed.

Comment

Technically the briggs fight, but I think a lot of people gave him full acceptance when he beat holyfield

Comment

Oh yeah, because that made him undisputed. The Briggs win made Lewis lineal champion.

A lot of people thought Foreman should've got the decision over Briggs. In fact, I remember some people booing and the announcers being surprised on HBO after the decision was announced.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
            Technically the briggs fight, but I think a lot of people gave him full acceptance when he beat holyfield
            Do you feel he beat Holyfield?

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
              Oh yeah, because that made him undisputed. The Briggs win made Lewis lineal champion.

A lot of people thought Foreman should've got the decision over Briggs. In fact, I remember some people booing and the announcers being surprised on HBO after the decision was announced.
              I felt Foreman won too.

Quite clearly from what I remember. Briggs was just running around.

But I have my doubts that Foreman would have stepped in the ring with Lewis anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post

Foreman won the fight.

Briggs was terrible.

Comment

Technically speaking, if you follow the "Lineal" World Heavyweight Championship, Lennox Lewis first won the World Title when he stopped Shannon Briggs, who had defeated George Foreman, who had defeated Michael Moorer, who had defeated Evander Holfyfield, who had defeated Riddick Bowe, who had defated Evander Holyfield, who had defeated Buster Douglas, who had defeated Mike Tyson.

Even though Shannon Briggs was not recognized as the World Heavyweight Champion after he defeated George Foreman, in reality, he was the man who beat the man, who beat the man, making him....The Man when Lennox Lewis stopped him.

.....which, of course, means technically, Lewis is a "two-time" world champion....not three.

Comment

Originally posted by K-DOGG View Post
                    Technically speaking, if you follow the "Lineal" World Heavyweight Championship, Lennox Lewis first won the World Title when he stopped Shannon Briggs, who had defeated George Foreman, who had defeated Michael Moorer, who had defeated Evander Holfyfield, who had defeated Riddick Bowe, who had defated Evander Holyfield, who had defeated Buster Douglas, who had defeated Mike Tyson.

Even though Shannon Briggs was not recognized as the World Heavyweight Champion after he defeated George Foreman, in reality, he was the man who beat the man, who beat the man, making him....The Man when Lennox Lewis stopped him.

.....which, of course, means technically, Lewis is a "two-time" world champion....not three.
                    still hard to even consider briggs was linear considering foreman won there fight handily. I remember only giving briggs 3 rounds

Comment

Working...
                    X