Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andre Dirrell vs Arthur Abraham revisited

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abraham was coming on strong at the end and dirrell was losing steam you can clearly see the momentum shifting towards abraham. Direll wanted out so he found a way out. I'm glad I dont have to watch direll anymore boring asss fighter.

Comment

Sheessh, Dirrell, this dude could of been a staple on HBO or Showtime, and he basically threw it all away for no reason. Even had al haymon as his manager.

Maybe the biggest clown in boxing in the past 10 years.

Comment

What stuck in my mind the most from this fight is how sh.itty and biased the ref (Laurence Cole) was.

I'm not talking about the DQ, he had no choice but to DQ Abraham under the circumstances, but imo he kind of frustrated Abraham into committing that stupid foul. Whenever Abraham had Dirrell cornered or on the ropes, he found a reason to stop the action. The most blatant example was when he called time to examine an Abraham cut a second after Abraham landed a solid punch. And of course there was that uncalled KD, too.

All this doesn't excuse Abraham, but it's worth pointing out imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
          Is he in great shape??I have not heard anything about Dirrell for a min..If he still has it I hope we can see him again,boxing is not something you play..So if he is not 100%,I hope to never see him in a ring again..He could get seriously hurt if his heart is not into it..
          I'm not sure he has one of those.

Comment

Abe hit him while he was down....if Dirrell did milk it, so what!!...if the foul didn't occur he would've had nothing to milk!!....Abe ain't the smartest fighter so he dumbed out and hit the dude with a cheap shot....disgraceful just like his brother kicking Miranda while he was still down after Abe iced him in their rematch....I guess that's how they roll!!

Comment

I kinda bought it at the time but all the stuff that happened after with Dr. Shaw High (LOL) made me realise it was bull****.

And now even watching it back, it's obvious that he blatantly faked it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler I View Post
                I'm not sure he has one of those.
                Ouch man,that was

Comment

Comment

Comment

I wonder if either Dirrell brother has watched the Dr Shaw Hi video...? Someone must have told them about it.

The more I watch that fight the more convinced I am Dirrell wanted a way out. He took a dive then faked the leg twitching KO. It was pretty disgraceful and embarrassing but he should have owned up, apologised and got on with his career. At the time I was convinced he was the only one in the super six who could have given Ward a 50-50 fight. What a waste of skill.

Comment

Working...
                      X