Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rees Aims To Break Odds, Expose Broner's Weaknesses

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outside of Hearn himself this is the only real support I've seen Rees get.....

Good for him

Comment

Wrong thread......

Comment

Bless him I like the guy but Rees really doesn't stand a chance, I think the only people who are giving him some sort of a shot to pull off the upset are the Americans who haven't seen him fight too much and just go by his record. Let's put the attributes into perspective. Broner is quicker, more powerful, better technically, better footwork, taller and has a bigger reach. The only thing you could argue for Rees is chin, but thats simply because we don't know how well Broner can hold a shot. It's a total mismatch and I expect it to be over within 4 rounds, the only thing that will carry it later will be Broner under performing or Rees showing enhanced determination and heart due to it being his big opportunity (and he's going to have to show more than he did against Kotelnyk to last).

Comment

I have mentioned this before, the Rees fight is for Broner to get more exposure at the other side of the world. He is pulling a page out of the Floyd handbook to promote himself.

Look at the reaction on his antics. It is working and ppl are talking about him.

His handlers are expecting a spectacular KO to go as plan to gain more future viewers.

Comment

I think Rees needs his mother to die prior to the fight in order to pull this off, but I'll still root for him just for kicks. Hopefully he puts up a good fight and doesn't get KO'd within the first 8 rounds.

Comment

oh how we have such great fighters...picture either 1 of these 2 vs Duran or Pryor, that's how good they pretend to b...

Comment

Everyone has a plan - till they get hit hard. I remember Hatton telling people to bet their house that he was going to beat Pac. He was brimming with confidence till he stared at the ceiling and was wondering what it was doing there. Fighters can make you think there is no way they will lose and they give you a list of reasons that sound very convincing....till the bell rings.

Comment

Well best of luck to him, this is boxing anything can happen in that ring

Comment

Originally posted by r__mutt View Post
                    I think Rees needs his mother to die prior to the fight in order to pull this off, but I'll still root for him just for kicks. Hopefully he puts up a good fight and doesn't get KO'd within the first 8 rounds.
                    he needs broner to die prior to the fight and even then it's still a toss up

Comment

I just watched 2 round of Rees fighting in Paris! He has NO defense at all, he has heart but that gets you in trouble sometimes!!! If Broner comes in to stop him inside of 2 he will get him out of there. I don't like to make predictions because I have alot of respect for ALL fighters but this is not a good match up! I don't blame either fighter Broner needs to be active for more people to see him and Rees is looking to earn some money that he can't generate with anyone else at this time!! I'm watching it because I want to see the kid fight but i do think this isn't going to be competitive at all.
                      this kid Rees looks like a club fighter!! No style, no plan just walkin and punch and get hit doing it! I hope he fares well and retires soon. Ray.

Comment

Working...
                      X