Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Keith Thurman the next big thing in boxing??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Keith Thurman the next big thing in boxing??

I've seen some of his fights and I like what I see. He can box is pretty fast and got some good power. 17 wins (KO 16).

Now so far in his career he hasn't really fought anyone but I think he'll make some noise and gets some nice victories over good opponents in the near future and that's when he'll be the most overhyped boxer out there. Unfortunately Maidana didn't want to fight him but on saturday he'll put on a great perfomance and KO Orlando Lora.

Everybody loves a puncher so I have a feeling we'll see Keith Thurman bandwagon threads and "nobody wants to fight him" "The best kept secret in boxing" "The Most Avoided Fighter”...etc

He looks like a young Ron O'Neal in Superfly. BTW is that a a slight lisp or was he born and raised in Spain?

I hadnt heard of this dude until he was lined up to fight Maidana. Im not sure if he's the real deal or just hyped up

Comment

I kinda wish Maidana would've fought him. We need more up and comers to get a shot at the big stage.

Comment

to bad the maidana fight didnt happen, id take him

Comment

Originally posted by SixFootGiant View Post
          I hadnt heard of this dude until he was lined up to fight Maidana. Im not sure if he's the real deal or just hyped up

All hype, you'll see that the second he gets his whiskers touched.

Comment

I haven't seen much but that was because I had seen enough after watching a couple of his fights online. Can't say I was too impressed.

Comment

Well, Keith looked really good and got the KO victory like I predicted...so when will the hype train start??

Comment

Had my eye on him for a while, looks really good but needs someone to take him 12 rounds.

Should fight Carson Jones.

Comment

Brad Soloman is the real thing...if he ever returns that is. Thurman is decent all round, but the power is overrated imo, he needs to step up in competition and then we will see.

Comment

I am not impressed with him yet. I agree with others who say let him fight Carson Jones, Porter or someone else. He has power but it is more like Canelo type of power than Bailey. He should definitely stay away from Floyd and the big boys. If not I can see him getting Vernon Paris'ed quite easily.

Comment

Working...
                    X