Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

martinez put everyones nightmare away...thats the way i see it.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stigma View Post

(Why are we talking about him in the past tense, anyway? Did he die after the rematch and I missed the headline?)
    Depends if he can come back and beat solid names. I mean of course he can get a tune-up, since he has been fighting top fighters constantly and especially after coming off a devastating loss such as being KTFO.

Comment

PWill has the potential to beat anyone at 147 provided he decides to fight like a B*T**. If PWill just jabbed and threw combos from a distance and then ran his butt off like he did against Marg he would almost be unbeatable. The problem is that PWill decided he wanted to be a fan favorite and fought. Of course, the same reason he lost is the same reason I respect him. I've always liked Sergio better then PWill, and I was pissed at the way he chose to fight Tony, but I have always respected him as a fighter. HBO needs to put Berto or any other so called Star Welter in with PWill.

Comment

(Why are we talking about him in the past tense, anyway? Did he die after the rematch and I missed the headline?)
        Yeah he's dead, at least his "most feared man in boxing" persona is dead. LOL

Comment

I'll agree that Williams represented the classic case of "all-risk, no reward" but I never thought he was tremendously skilled.

His physique, which he has no right to claim credit for, and his volume are what gave people pause. He's not a KO puncher like Hearns, and he's no technician either. He just throws a lot, and has physical advantages over almost every opponent he can be matched against. He was never a world-beater, and he won't be going forward. He's a unique challenge, that's it.

dude your right hes not dead but he is in the sense of his image in boxing....everyone is gonna wanna crack at that chin now .....i wouldnt be suprised to see manny want to fight him or roach talking **** like it was supposed to happen!!

Comment

He could recover like Ruiz after Tua for all we know. And have a long, prosperous, boring life in the ring.

Comment

He could recover like Ruiz after Tua for all we know. And have a long, prosperous, boring life in the ring.
              you may be right...lol.....but i dont see him ever being as boring as ruiz.

Comment

Working...
              X