No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Vitali Klitschko Helping Wladimir For Fury Bout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
    Apart from the fact an out of shape Lennox caved in a near prime Vitali's face with punches and he had to be stopped in the 6th...

So yeah, they did fight, Lewis was finished and still beat him. I've never seen a win be denied so much by people. Lennox caused that damage to Vitali's face in the fight and he got stopped. I don't get why people can't see it. Fair enough it was competitive but Lewis did a number on his face in the end.
    Klitschko surprised everyone by taking the fight right to Lewis. He strafed the equally giant heavyweight with hard right hands for much of the action-packed slugfest. He was focused, determined and seemed on the verge of succeeding Lewis as the division’s champion.
    “You could see Lewis was totally exhausted after the sixth round, and Vitali was always the type of fighter who got stronger as the fight went on. We feel confident that he would have beaten Lewis had the doctor allowed the fight to go on.”

REED SAXON/Associated Press
    Klitschko gave Lewis all he could handle before being stopped on cuts.

But referee Lou Moret halted the fight on the advice of ringside physician Dr. Paul Wallace, and Lewis chose to retire rather than agreeing to a lucrative rematch with Klitschko.
    “You can’t second-guess doctors, but Vitali wanted to continue, and we all feel he would have won the fight had he been allowed to continue.”

How out of shape was Lewis? According to him the year lay off helped him and he was ready to take on the world Tyson again,Wlad and so on.......of course he quickly reframed after the vitali rematch was in order.
    Last edited by juggernaut666; 11-24-2015, 12:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
      Klitschko surprised everyone by taking the fight right to Lewis. He strafed the equally giant heavyweight with hard right hands for much of the action-packed slugfest. He was focused, determined and seemed on the verge of succeeding Lewis as the division’s champion.
      “You could see Lewis was totally exhausted after the sixth round, and Vitali was always the type of fighter who got stronger as the fight went on. We feel confident that he would have beaten Lewis had the doctor allowed the fight to go on.”

REED SAXON/Associated Press
      Klitschko gave Lewis all he could handle before being stopped on cuts.

But referee Lou Moret halted the fight on the advice of ringside physician Dr. Paul Wallace, and Lewis chose to retire rather than agreeing to a lucrative rematch with Klitschko.
      “You can’t second-guess doctors, but Vitali wanted to continue, and we all feel he would have won the fight had he been allowed to continue.”

How out of shape was Lewis? According to him the year lay off helped him and he was ready to take on the world Tyson again,Wlad and so on.......of course he quickly reframed after the vitali rematch was in order.
      Lewis>Vitali: 6 round TKO. Deal with it.

Comment

Fury would make Vitali quit. Once a quitter, always a quitter. At least Wladimir has some balls and gets knocked out.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post
          Fury would make Vitali quit. Once a quitter, always a quitter. At least Wladimir has some balls and gets knocked out.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
          Of course he would. In your crystal meth induced world Fury would be able to take the bombs Vitali threw and he'd be the guy to come up with the blueprint nobody else could right ?

Comment

Originally posted by Krusher P4P #1 View Post
            I cant be the only one who thinks Prime Wlad >>> Prime Vitali
            You're not the only one. I think so, too. Vitali is an accumulation puncher, but Wlad is barely hit. Additionally they are brothers, very close, Vitali is older, hence Wlad knows Vitali's body problems and weak points.

But even without that knowledge, Prime Wlad beats Prime Vitali 8/10 fights.

Comment

Apart from the fact an out of shape Lennox caved in a near prime Vitali's face with punches and he had to be stopped in the 6th...

So yeah, they did fight, Lewis was finished and still beat him. I've never seen a win be denied so much by people. Lennox caused that damage to Vitali's face in the fight and he got stopped. I don't get why people can't see it. Fair enough it was competitive but Lewis did a number on his face in the end.
              Still upset that Lennox barely won then refused a rematch, running off to retirement eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Foreign Soil View Post
                Still upset that Lennox barely won then refused a rematch, running off to retirement eh?
                Barely won?

He caved Vitali's face in with his fists to the point where he had to be pulled out in 6 rounds.

So the great Vitali was stopped in 6 by an out of shape finished Lewis.

Deal with it.

Comment

Barely won?

He caved Vitali's face in with his fists to the point where he had to be pulled out in 6 rounds.

So the great Vitali was stopped in 6 by an out of shape finished Lewis.

Deal with it.
                  Seems like you're having trouble "dealing with it". Just can't let it go.

Comment

Originally posted by Foreign Soil View Post
                    Seems like you're having trouble "dealing with it". Just can't let it go.
                    I'm not the one who writes huge paragraphs about it like people have when replying to me, pulling quotes from all over the internet, full on research.

Why wouldn't i be able to let it go? I don't even have a preference between the fights but the fact is Lewis stopped him in 6. It's done.

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
                      There's a part of me that still wishes this would've happened for real, like in 2011 or something when they had all the belts. :sneak1:

it would have been horribly awkward and like a sparring session. if it wasn't and somebody got hurt, how do you think they'd feel? they're brothers, after all. that goes beyond your profession.

the era suffered in that the two best fighters couldn't fight each other. maybe we get a klitschko trilogy if the fights were good. sometimes awkward fighters make for interesting fights if somebody gets nailed

Comment

Working...
                      X