No announcement yet.

Time is passing by so fast....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
    I was reading this interesting piece on the perception of time. How as you get older, you perceive time as going faster and that having children makes it even seem that much faster still.

Since I turned 30, it seems like my life is literally flashing before my eyes. When I was a kid, my birthdays would take an eternity to come, it lasted forever. Now the weeks are like days and the months are like weeks, it's crazy.

I can't believe it's 2013, I can remember the whole Y2K ordeal and that seemed but a few years back. It's hard to believe it was almost 15 years ago.

Fuk man, life is really short. To those of you that are in your 20's, don't waste it away. Do what you want NOW and think about relaxing later. I can't stress that enough.

My daughter is fully grown almost, my nephews that I used to beat their ass and change their diapers are now married with kids and running around like they own the world.

I will be 40 soon...yet I feel like I'm 25. Oh and look it because black don't crack but brown isn't far behind
    It's simple bro I just turned 30 and what it boils down to is daily activities. When we were young we didn't have as many responsibilities so time seemed to go slower. The older you get the more responsibilities. When you're working like 50 hours a week. Time flies because we work so much. When you have kids we focus on them etc etc. About time we look up it's 10 years that's passed and we like wtf. I relate to you because when y2k happened I was graduating hs and I'm like damn where as time went.

Comment

We had an apartment in the city,
      Me and Loretta liked living there.
      Well, it'd been years since the kids had grown,
      A life of their own left us alone.
      John and Linda live in Omaha,
      And Joe is somewhere on the road.
      We lost Davy in the Korean war,
      And I still don't know what for, don't matter anymore.

Chorus:
      Ya' know that old trees just grow stronger,
      And old rivers grow wilder ev'ry day.
      Old people just grow lonesome
      Waiting for someone to say, "Hello in there, hello."

Me and Loretta, we don't talk much more,
      She sits and stares through the back door screen.
      And all the news just repeats itself
      Like some forgotten dream that we've both seen.
      Someday I'll go and call up Rudy,
      We worked together at the factory.
      But what could I say if he asks "What's new?"
      "Nothing, what's with you? Nothing much to do."

Repeat Chorus:

So if you're walking down the street sometime
      And spot some hollow ancient eyes,
      Please don't just pass 'em by and stare
      As if you didn't care, say, "Hello in there, hello."

Comment

Working...
      X