Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's the best athlete in sports history?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RG3 could be the most athletic guy in the NFL

Comment

Originally posted by -Mustang- View Post
      I understand what you're getting at ... honestly I think Messi is the best footballer EVER ... but I just don't think he's a better athlete than someone like Bo Jackson ... that's just my opinion and I'm in awe of Messi as well
      Bo Jackson was 6'1"/230 and ran a 4.12 40. FOUR-TWELVE. That's absurd. He's bigger than most soccer players, runs a hell of a lot faster, can jump higher, can cut just as fast...but because he's an American, he's not the best athlete. Get outta here son.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
        Bo Jackson was 6'1"/230 and ran a 4.12 40. FOUR-TWELVE. That's absurd. He's bigger than most soccer players, runs a hell of a lot faster, can jump higher, can cut just as fast...but because he's an American, he's not the best athlete. Get outta here son.
        you ain't gotta sell me on him I agree he was ridiculous

Comment

Originally posted by -Mustang- View Post
          you ain't gotta sell me on him I agree he was ridiculous
          I think I quoted the wrong post

Comment

floyd mayweather

Comment

Bo Jackson and Lebron James. James was a highly recruited football player when he was in school. I have no doubt in my mind that he could play pro football.

Comment

in his prime,

Bo Jax.......... stupid...stupid stupid.

if you can't admit that the us has the best athletes of any one country then you're just not being honest with yourself, per olympic results

Comment

Originally posted by HAVISJ View Post
                  Bo Jackson and Lebron James. James was a highly recruited football player when he was in school. I have no doubt in my mind that he could play pro football.
                  Lebron James is unfairly talented

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
                    in his prime,

Bo Jax.......... stupid...stupid stupid.

if you can't admit that the us has the best athletes of any one country then you're just not being honest with yourself, per olympic results
                    Actually, if you do the arithmetic, it is actually Russia/USSR.

The reason for this is that while the first Olympics was in 1896, participation in the early games was limited to a hand full of countries. Russia did compete in 1900, 1908 and 1912, but was absent from every subsequent Olympics, until 1952. The US has competed in every Olympics since 1896, with the exception of 1916 (cancelled because of WW1), 1940 and 1944 (both cancelled because of WW2), and 1980 (which the US boycotted because it was in the Soviet Union). The Soviet Union also boycotted 1984, because it was in the US.

Thus, you can't compare raw metal counts and say the US had a better result. If you look at the comparisons for years in which both countries were actually present, Russia/USSR is surely well ahead.
                    Last edited by Drunken Cat; 01-20-2013, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
                      Actually, if you do the arithmetic, it is actually Russia/USSR.

The reason for this is that while the first Olympics was in 1896, participation in the early games was limited to a hand full of countries. Russia did compete in 1900, 1908 and 1912, but was absent from every subsequent Olympics, until 1952. The US has competed in every Olympics since 1896, with the exception of 1916 (cancelled because of WW1), 1940 and 1944 (both cancelled because of WW2), and 1980 (which the US boycotted because it was in the Soviet Union). The Soviet Union also boycotted 1984, because it was in the US.

Thus, you can't compare raw metal counts and say the US had a better result. If you look at the comparisons for years in which both countries were actually present, Russia/USSR is surely well ahead.
                      even IF russia has more (not they surely dont or wont in the future because of the breakup of the soviet union), still doesn't mean the US-centric spots wont have the better athletes. the only sports where an american isnt the best or at least arguably the best is soccer and rugby.

Comment

Working...
                      X