Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Really someone wants to see Broner/Burns?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The expected outcome doesn't matter, Burns is a good fighter and one of the best at lightweight. Of course I want to see him fight Broner.

Comment

If Broner is really going to stay all this year at lightweight, Rees, Abril/Burns, Vazquez, should be what he's going for.

Comment

Originally posted by dudey View Post
        If you don't know what you're talking about you are better off saying nothing

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Oh please with the smartassness, Broner is by far the best fighter at 135lbs and you people think someone actually has a chance to beat him making up all kinda rubbish like he has bad footwork lol so who really doesnt know what they are talking about? Have no clue who this other chump is but he dont stand a chance against the can man... **** outta here like I'm supposed to know every bum's record.

And for the record I still have not googled the bum or looked up any of his fights on youtube... I'm sure he not seeing Broner. The bum would look like Carl Froch trying to fight Adndre Ward. Different level of skill and athleticism I know that much.
        Last edited by usaboxing20; 12-31-2012, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by usaboxing20 View Post
          Oh please with the smartassness, Broner is by far the best fighter at 135lbs and you people think someone actually has a chance to beat him making up all kinda rubbish like he has bad footwork lol so who really doesnt know what they are talking about? Have no clue who this other chump is but he dont stand a chance against the can man... **** outta here like I'm supposed to know every bum's record.

And for the record I still have not googled the bum or looked up any of his fights on youtube... I'm sure he not seeing Broner. The bum would look like Carl Froch trying to fight Adndre Ward. Different level of skill and athleticism I know that much.

Best fighter at 135 without proving so & beats Burns based on nothing than you claiming he has 'different skill and athleticism' without even seeing Burns in action? And you're patronising somebody else for an educated opinion? GTFO!

Comment

Broner looks spectacular when he's got some-one right in front of him, but has looked pretty average when his opponent is not co-operating, like Ponce DeLeon.

He's still young though, with excellent handspeed, power, size & a lot of talent, so improvement should be expected, but I'm not jumping on the bandwagon just yet.

I'd like to see matches with the still under-rated Ricky Burns; as well Richard Abril, which I think is a 50/50 matchup at this point; as well as Denis Shafikov, who just moved down to lightweight.

Shafikov is one the under-rated guys around - looked a little small at Junior-welter, but still dominated almost all his opponents, thrashing Mensah in his last fight.
            At Lightweight I think he'd be very hard to beat, & would put him in as a narrow favourite over Broner.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
              Faster handspeed but not faster feet IMO & he has virtually upper body movement, only time he moves his head is when its getting snapped back or when he does that stupid leaning back & shaking of his head his idol does.
              I think he has terrible footwork & footspeed.
              I am utterly convinced he is far from what he is made out to be.

A poor mans Berto rather than a poor mans Floyd if you ask.
              You, sir, don't know **** about boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Allucard View Post
                You, sir, don't know **** about boxing.
                He's a cool guy, but we'll see how much he really believes that (through betting) when Broner fights next.

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
                  Recently I sat and watched a couple of Ricky Burns's fights and I dont see a fight with Broner going past 3 rounds. Maybe I watched the wrong fights.........Nah it would be a blowout. I aint trying to throw darts at him but there is absolutely no reason to avoid him outside the fact that he wants too much money. Now in his defense I could see why he wants big bucks guaranteed because in his heart of hearts he knows the beating he would be in for. Can anyone enlighten me If Im missing something that would make this fight competitive?
                  No you are right been saying this since day one burns is garbage and just another fight for broner to look good and avoid Vazquez and April.

Comment

Originally posted by wizard king View Post
                    No you are right been saying this since day one burns is garbage and just another fight for broner to look good and avoid Vazquez and April.
                    That is nonsense, he's only had one fight at lightweight. He hasn't even had a chance to avoid anyone.

Comment

People don't realise that Burns is extremely fit and strong. He may not look it, but he trains veryyyyy hard.

Comment

Working...
                      X