Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Pacquiao/Clottey does over 600,000 PPV Buys, it is a HUGE success

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

imho 800k - 1mill is a success, floyd is gonna want more of a split since the may/mosley fight should pull in more ppv buys

Comment

Originally posted by Sen. Clay Davis View Post
      I gave you the reasons why.
      Yeah, but a lot of those reasons you gave are excuses. There is a reason why this fight isn't having a 24/7. Pac is a name but without another large name it just isn't going to go above and beyond. Even with a 24/7 this fight would not of done that many more buys because this fight caters to really Pac fans. Clottey is not a name, there is not a big Ghana presence in America, and he doesn't bring an exciting style to the game. This fight was destine to do average numbers no matter what promotion they gave it.

Comment

I'd also like to ask what you consider would be decent, if 600,000 is a huge success? Are you saying if the PPV for the supposed face of boxing did 300,000 buys it would be decent? It sounds like you are just trying to make excuses for you favorite fighter when he doesn't pull great numbers. Mayweather is the number 1 PPV draw and it's been proven against common opponents. More than likely his bout with Shane Mosley will top Pacs numbers versus Cotto. Will never understand why Pac fans can't accept that Mayweather is a bigger PPV draw.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
          I'd also like to ask what you consider would be decent, if 600,000 is a huge success? Are you saying if the PPV for the supposed face of boxing did 300,000 buys it would be decent? It sounds like you are just trying to make excuses for you favorite fighter when he doesn't pull great numbers. Mayweather is the number 1 PPV draw and it's been proven against common opponents. More than likely his bout with Shane Mosley will top Pacs numbers versus Cotto. Will never understand why Pac fans can't accept that Mayweather is a bigger PPV draw.
          Wait wait, when did I say Pacquiao is my favorite fighter? And when did I even bring Mayweather into this?

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
            I want to point out and say just cuz somebody defends Pac or talks abut Pac in a positive way does not necessary makes Pac his favorite fighter. If I have to guess I would say that Chad Dawson is the TS favorite fighter. And, there have been times when the TS has been critical of Pacquiao in the past...

And, I will say this, There was times when Oscar who was the face of boxing at the time didn't even brake the 400k mark... And, it was considered decent some even a success...

Comment

Originally posted by Sen. Clay Davis View Post
              Wait wait, when did I say Pacquiao is my favorite fighter? And when did I even bring Mayweather into this?
              See is obvious when you talk about Pac in a positive way is really a shot a Floyd... That is how some of Floyd fans think...

Comment

24/7 doesn't automatically equal 600k+ buys. Jones Calzaghe had one and it only did about 300k

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                  See is obvious when you talk about Pac in a positive way is really a shot a Floyd... That is how some of Floyd fans think...
                  Do you agree with his statement? The supposed face of boxing, in a huge event, in a huge arena pulling 600,000 being a huge success? So, a decent buy rate for this event according to TS would be around 400,000 buys. You can't certainly agree that Pac pulling 400,000 buys be a good ppv buyrate. If you do consider it fine then people can never ever argue that he is a bigger PPV draw than Floyd. BTW, I am far from a Floyd fan but I am willing to defend him.

Comment

They will pull 600 easy. 600-900k

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                      no ****, its like if you aren't masturbating to an image of Floyd and remotely say anything that isnt negative about Pac, you're automatically labeled a "*******"

Comment

Working...
                      X