Collapse
No announcement yet.

20 K Brits..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of the 20k Brits, who will root for pac? And don`t tell me none.

Comment

Originally posted by K2ray View Post
      Gullible fans (e.g. singing joyfully even after their man hits a ringpost head-on) who didn't turn out in those numbers for the Lewis/Tyson fight.
      Originally posted by DavrosPremuleas View Post
      I always feel that a lot of people that support Hatton are not Boxing fans and couldnt name any boxer out side Frank Bruno, Mike Tyson and Ali, not saying he doesnt have true boxing fan fans.
      I’m quite sure that is true in many cases, however, if by being a Ricky fan somehow gets young people into boxing then it's a good thing.

Ricky just has fans from all over England, boxing fans, football fans, sport fans.....people who are simply fans of someone they can relate to.

I don’t quite know how it works in America, I’m not an American so I won’t, and indeed, cant, pass judgement. However, Kelly Pavlik always seems to have his hometown support from Youngstown, and his characteristics are very similar to Hatton. Unfortunately though, it seems like the rest of the States have cast him into the rubbish bin. Perhaps I’m wrong about that, the view can tinted from across the pond.

Comment

They will have to witness Ricky on a stretcher

Comment

Originally posted by mines a pasty View Post
          I’m quite sure that is true in many cases, however, if by being a Ricky fan somehow gets young people into boxing then it's a good thing.

Ricky just has fans from all over England, boxing fans, football fans, sport fans.....people who are simply fans of someone they can relate to.

I don’t quite know how it works in America, I’m not an American so I won’t, and indeed, cant, pass judgement. However, Kelly Pavlik always seems to have his hometown support from Youngstown, and his characteristics are very similar to Hatton. Unfortunately though, it seems like the rest of the States have cast him into the rubbish bin. Perhaps I’m wrong about that, the view can tinted from across the pond.
          Pavlik still has his youngstown fans that support him as well as me and a couple of my buddies but I don't poll around the US so it would be difficult to predict how many fans he has.

Comment

Europeans always seem to have time to just chill, always on vacation and relaxing. They work less than Americans but they always seem to have money for leisure activity. What's the secret

Comment

Originally posted by D.I.E.S.E.L View Post
              Europeans always seem to have time to just chill, always on vacation and relaxing. They work less than Americans but they always seem to have money for leisure activity. What's the secret

It's the stronger Euro and Pound compared to the dollar.

Comment

Originally posted by D.I.E.S.E.L View Post
                In mainland Europe they do work less, but us brits work quite a lot. 40hr week is the standard.

I think so many people can come over for the fact they will have prepared for this months beforehand or they will have just quit their job for it or just getting a flight and dealing with the consequences afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by Thwf View Post
                  Of the 20k Brits, who will root for pac? And don`t tell me none.
                  None.

It's not called 'The Battle Of East And West' for nothing lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Demise View Post
                    None.

It's not called 'The Battle Of East And West' for nothing lol.
                    None? Now that`s unrealistic. Even within these boards I see Brits betting against each other. Even against dela Hoya, I see Filipinos betting against each other.

Now what would they do outside the arena except bet against each other? I think about 1/4 of Brits will root for Pac, but that`s just an opinion.
                    Last edited by Thwf; 04-28-2009, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MakeDamnSure View Post
                      They will have to witness Ricky on a stretcher
                      LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Comment

Working...
                      X