Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Check out this Kovalev video. What are your thoughts?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
    I have no problem with it. It's not about needing to be humbled or not. He's in the hurt business and people are going to criticize him? Dude fights for his life everytime he steps in... Many fighters have said that in the heat of the moment theyre trying to kill the other man to keep him from doing the same. Boxing is brutal and truly global. Not everyone is a humble church kid. Why do we act like its weird for him to be so casual? It'd be weird if he wasn't imo. Kovalev is real and you have to kind of admire that he doesnt shy away for the camera. Dude keeps it 100% and it's too much for some? Lol. This is what makes boxing great. "Good" or "bad" it doesn't matter in the ring where all is equal. Kovalev is a street guy who can fight and doesnt fake it for the cameras. He's a real fighter. It used to be that guys would say s hit like this all the time and didnt prance around to be politically correct. Kov is old school
    You are exactly right. Good perspective. This is the kind of mentality you could find in fighters during the great depression, when it was fight or starve.

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
      At the 1:10 mark a reporter said: In the first Pascal fight you complained about the stoppage.

3/14/15

Kovalev responds that Pascal should thank the ref, he saved his life.

At the 2:00 mark he responds to the question if Pascal's last fight take a lot out of him

Kovalev says usually fighters who fight him disappear. He names off Sillah, Caparello, Cleverly, Agnew. When he says Agnew he looks at his manager and said something in Russian while laughing (?) He goes on to say he didn't finish his job in the last Pascal fight because the ref saved Pascal's health (life). Then he goes on to say that Pascal took hard punches the whole fight and the accumulation of punches could have killed Pascal like his fight in 2011 (Simakov).

Ivan Drago 2.0

A psychpath thinks of killing a human as they do swatting a fly no difference

Comment

He said nothing about wanting to kill Pascal. When he was talking about killing the guy in 2011, he was making an example to justify the stoppage. Anything else was sentiment lost in translation.

Comment

I have no problem with it. It's not about needing to be humbled or not. He's in the hurt business and people are going to criticize him? Dude fights for his life everytime he steps in... Many fighters have said that in the heat of the moment theyre trying to kill the other man to keep him from doing the same. Boxing is brutal and truly global. Not everyone is a humble church kid. Why do we act like its weird for him to be so casual? It'd be weird if he wasn't imo. Kovalev is real and you have to kind of admire that he doesnt shy away for the camera. Dude keeps it 100% and it's too much for some? Lol. This is what makes boxing great. "Good" or "bad" it doesn't matter in the ring where all is equal. Kovalev is a street guy who can fight and doesnt fake it for the cameras. He's a real fighter. It used to be that guys would say s hit like this all the time and didnt prance around to be politically correct. Kov is old school
          I feel the same way! Professional boxers put their lives on the line each time they step in the ring...Kovalev realizes this and acts accordingly.

Comment

Man, imagine if he ends up killing Pascal. That would be something. I think it would end up making Kovalev look bader and people would only like him more. Especially if he also celebrated his death.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
              Kovalev is a bit too casual about fucking people up for a man who killed someone in the ring.

Doesn't make you more of a man. Just makes you a ****.
              He knows what he signed up for. People die. He's like " deal with it. This is boxing ".

Comment

Originally posted by Superbee View Post
                I think he's a bit frustrated Pascal held his ground for 7 rounds, actually won a couple and hurt him with some good punches... Also probably frustrated he's not a seller on his own and needs Pascal to fill his bank account...

Butthurt can't go a long way in the ring...

I would be so glad if he got his sweet little Russian butt kicked
                Yeah if Pascal had better defense he would survive 12 rounds with Kovalev no problem. The opponents Kovalev has fought and the opponents he's knocked out or mostly C and D level boxers. He gets in the ring with someone who is at least B+ or A level, they tend to push Kovalev further than he would like.

That's why I don't think he will knock out Ward if they fight, and that's if Kovalev can get past Pascal or even Stevenson.

Comment

I heard many of these russians and east euros or eurasians have mongol bloodlines, dating back to ghenghis khan, the mongols were savages, no remorse, brutal, they put fear in the hearts of men. I wouldnt doubt kovalev might have mongolian blood, i know ruslan provodnikov has that mongolian look to him and the savage mentality in the ring.

Comment

What exactly are people offended over this time?

Comment

It's not like he's promoting to hurt somebody, he just speaks the truth and explains what accumulation of punches can do to you.

Also, with Kovalev, always consider his background, where he came from, and that his first language isn't English.

Comment

Working...
                      X