Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2015 Rugby World Cup Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I liked Wales positive intent - they were going for the try at every opportunity, did well to spoil the Aus way of play by having a very quick rush up defense. I have a feeling they may upset South Africa who really haven't been tested in this tournament...apart from their shocker against Japan.

Probably need to get the ball out to their centres/wing and run it a bit more rather than going for the high kick. They did well at the breakdown and turned over possession through holding the ball up. Overall actually I thought the Welsh Forwards were good - apart from the scrum, they really should have pushed over when we were a man down.

The australian scrum is a dead set weapon now though.

Comment

• What a performance by ireland after losing their 2 key leaders through injury. Forwards owned the froggies in the line-out and the rucks.

paid a heavy price losing o'connell sexton and o'mahony through injuries and sean o'brien likely to pickup a lengthy ban for punching.

Hopefully France do what they're good at and beat the all blacks and we can beat the argies to set up a semi against Oz.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

• Show Scotland some respect tatty picker

Comment

• Originally posted by gingeralbino View Post
          What a performance by ireland after losing their 2 key leaders through injury. Forwards owned the froggies in the line-out and the rucks.

paid a heavy price losing o'connell sexton and o'mahony through injuries and sean o'brien likely to pickup a lengthy ban for punching.

Hopefully France do what they're good at and beat the all blacks and we can beat the argies to set up a semi against Oz.

O'Brien punched someone.

Shame.

What a player he is! One of the best.

Comment

• Originally posted by Duggie
            Show Scotland some respect tatty picker
            lol hopefully I'm wrong but Scotland have **** all chance. I'd rather play Scotland than Australia in the semi.

the argies are good at knocking ireland out of the world cup so might be irrelevant.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26
              Quote:

Originally Posted by gingeralbino

What a performance by ireland after losing their 2 key leaders through injury. Forwards owned the froggies in the line-out and the rucks.

O'Brien punched someone.

Shame.

What a player he is! One of the best.
              does some unbelievable work at the breakdown he'll be a big loss especially as our other flanker got injured.

Comment

• Yep, ban for this.

I know that Pape had this coming but very silly.

Comment

• So last night my uni rugby club were invited out to drink with the Italian and Romanian teams. Safe to say that was the best night of my life.

Comment

• Bit gutted for Japan. Winning three games you would hope to qualify

Hope they can really push on before the WC in Japan 2019.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr America View Post
                      The wakeup call english rugby needs was world cup 2007, then 2011, now 2015
                      To be fair, they were finalists in 2007, not a million miles from winning it. However, I agree that better than expected 2007 performance did paper over the cracks in English rugby.

I said before this world cup we had no chance of a win but people were saying it could happen which was farcical, to be honest though the way the draw went we should have made it to the final before being crushed by the all blacks.

What's going to change?

The establishment wouldnt even pick the most dangerous player we have (tuilagi) due to "disciplinery actions"

There was a good article in the New Zealand Herald a couple of months ago about that where they were saying there is not a chance in hell a first team all black would be dropped from the squad over that, winning comes firs, find some other way to punish him

We lack the commitment to win, the brains, the team selection.

When you have players with the TALENT of Cipriani, Tuilagi and Burgess in your country and you cant make them come together and play at their potential then you have serious problems.

Chris Ashton, another who dropped off from being class a couple of years ago and now everyone says "he was never that good", bobbins he was an awesome player who never lived up to his potential.

I'd like to see it turned around but it won't be.
                      Hopefully a world class coach will be appointed instead of a former player or mediocre club coach. It can make a difference, although I again I agree the problems run deeper.

Comment

Working...
                      X