Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who you got? (Ward v best LHW in the world at 175)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol at campillo having a sergio martinez style. Leave my thread now. You have no clue what you're talking about. Worst post ever.

The only similarity is their coach and southpaw.

And you werent saying shi t. Just waiting for someone you can piggybak on. I see you workin.
    Last edited by Walt Liquor; 12-08-2012, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      campillo would have a hard time winning rounds against andre ward.
      campillo is a good boxer, but ward is one of the planet's very best. there's a huge gap in class.

when there's that much of a gap in class i ususally look to the physical attributes to win the fight for the lesser fighter.

chin, stamina, punching power, are the three big ones. if you're the lesser boxer, your best bet is to tire a man out, take his shots when you need to, and then hurt him and stop him. campillo is a bad style for doing that. if he can't outbox ward going away he will lose. who really thinks he can do that?
      Campillo can put some rounds in the bank early. Ward's speed is defo a killer but i havent seen anyone effective inside or throw combos v ward. M
      MAybe campillo cant do that, but he has the skillset to maybe do it.

Dirrel cant. Bhop showed how to beat pascal, there's no one left at 168.

Kessler cant fight inside, and throws 1-2's. we saw what happens there. Abe is shi t at 168 and faaaaaar to inactive for ward. Froch is waay outskilled by has heart for days and dawson gave up or was drained. We know what's gonna happen v pavlik.

Comment

Originally posted by teddycanyon View Post
        It really wouldn't be that close. Just cause Campillo should have had his hand raised against Tavoris Cloud does not make him the best 175 pound fighter. In my eyes Ward already beat one of the two top 175lbs. fighters in Chad Dawson, and I don't imagine he'd have any trouble in dispatching the other, Jean Pascal, who Froch was able to beat.
        Its more than the cloud fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
          I was replying to a post that said campillo wouldnt do shi t against ward cuz he has no power.

What i was sayingis that one could compete with ward without power, but one couldnt without being strong.
          Well I disagree.

Being strong in the context that I gather you meant it simply means that you are strong enough to handle Ward on the inside with **** gets ugly and rough. We definitely saw that in the Bika fight.

However I think that the key to beating anyone is not attacking strength but weakness. Taking a man out of his comfort zone and leaving him without an option to answer.

I think Ward is solid, all around fighter. I don't think he is above average in any one department aside from his extraordinary will and desire to win.

I think that Dirrell has a better than average chance of outboxing Ward ... depending on which Dirrell shows up. Ward can be outboxed, but the problem is that once someone begins to enjoy any surge of success with Ward, he switches his approach up and turns up his intensity, which throws his opponents off.

Dirrell IMO is easily shaken up. If he could come in and use HIS OWN TOOLS AND APPROACH instead of trying to match Ward blow for blow, I think he could take it.

But that's the thing: The secret to Ward's success is that he's always in the fight and he never let's his opponent get comfortable enough to dictate the pace. Andre is always hustling and finding a way to score more often than his opponent.

I thought Ward was tested more in his fight against Bika than he was against both Froch and Dawson. Bika is a rough, dirty fighter who surprised Andre a couple of times in that fight. He was willing to exceed the level of aggression that Ward was bringing, even if at times dirty, and that IMO took Ward out of his comfort zone.

Still, Ward found a way to win. He adjusted. That's what the science is about: Inches, making adjustments and picking your shots. The best know this and that's why they are the best. That's why they stay the best.

Strength in a boxing match is only good for stamina and rough style tactics. Other than that only guys like Kirkland benefit from using "muscle strength" .. and that's mostly because they are arm punchers.

A relaxed fighter will always be the best fighter. Strength just doesn't come into play in that regard with the science. Staying loose and keeping good form will always outweigh brute strength.

Comment

Bika was tough for ward cuz he's strong as a horse in addition to being aggressive.

I just dont see ward having trouble cutting dirrel off and going all kessler on him.

Campillo can fight inside, mid range, and a little from the outside. He doesnt have a clear weak spot that ward can immediately attack, which is what ward does. Campillo was able to back both cloud and shumenov off him and fought well coming forward, and he's obviously comfortable as a counter puncher. Its his versatility that i think will help him.

Ward will bhop pascal easily. He'll rough dirrel up and fuk up his mind.

Shumenov telegraphs everything, he's a big guy but a pretty bad boxer, zero versatility.

Comment

mmm, I really don't see anyone coming close to beating Ward at 168 or 175. Infact, quite frankly I would pick him to beat everybody south of David Haye.

Comment

Campillo is a tough fight for any light heavyweight and would pose problems for Ward but I think he loses. Ward just knows how to win fights; he can get down and dirty in the trenches and beat you up, and he's got excellent ring generalship so, like a Roy Jones, he gives off the appearance (to go along with the reality) of being the superior skilled fighter. Campillo is really good but I think Ward is a bit too much.

Dirrell is the wildcard but we have no idea how good he is at this stage and I didn't think he could beat Ward even before he went on a furlough. Ward isn't perfect but he's probably the best fighter in the world right now.

Comment

Personally, I like to see how well a fighter adjusts to new weight classes before I start running my mouth.

I mean even with Roy Jones and Floyd Mayweather, I was a big fan but I kept quiet during those moments when they still weren't established at new divisions.

Claiming what Ward could do at 175 IMO is a fool's errand.

We don't know what he can do and we don't know how well he will be able to sustain his style with the extra weight.

Shane Mosley is a classic example. Shane was a DEMON at LW, but he chased the money AKA DelaHoya all the way up to WW and jrMW. Shane was a match for DLH as DLH's skills were ALWAYS overrated IMO, but against other guys, especially those at 154, Shane's "powerboxing" style just didn't translate.

It had nothing to do with Shane being "passed it" like some idiots say. Shane NEVER had the magic at WW or above like he had at LW. Its was at LW that Shane made his reputation.

Ward might be the best SMW, but let's let Ward show and prove before we start acting like the Republicans that began celebrating Romney's win before the election even began.

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Jay View Post
                    Personally, I like to see how well a fighter adjusts to new weight classes before I start running my mouth.

I mean even with Roy Jones and Floyd Mayweather, I was a big fan but I kept quiet during those moments when they still weren't established at new divisions.

Claiming what Ward could do at 175 IMO is a fool's errand.

We don't know what he can do and we don't know how well he will be able to sustain his style with the extra weight.

Shane Mosley is a classic example. Shane was a DEMON at LW, but he chased the money AKA DelaHoya all the way up to WW and jrMW. Shane was a match for DLH as DLH's skills were ALWAYS overrated IMO, but against other guys, especially those at 154, Shane's "powerboxing" style just didn't translate.

It had nothing to do with Shane being "passed it" like some idiots say. Shane NEVER had the magic at WW or above like he had at LW. Its was at LW that Shane made his reputation.

Ward might be the best SMW, but let's let Ward show and prove before we start acting like the Republicans that began celebrating Romney's win before the election even began.
                    I hear you but there's no reason to think he can't move up comfortably at the moment. He has fought at light heavy before. And I thought he looked fierce and fast at 171lbs in that fight he had before Kessler, I think. I think a move up might actually help Ward.

Comment

Ward beats every fighter 160-175. Dirrell has the best chance of an upset.

Comment

Working...
                      X